FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta changed me from seat 2-c again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1159544-delta-changed-me-seat-2-c-again.html)

jamesteroh Dec 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Delta changed me from seat 2-c again

Why would delta continue to change my seat from 2-c on a paid first class ticket? This is the second time they have done it within a month on a DTW/LAX trip.

A couple weeks ago I had 2-c reserved and didn't noticed until I was on the jetway that they changed it to a 4th row aisle. Since i was in an aisle I didn't say anything.

I decided to chec k my seat assignments for upcoming trips and had seat 2-c reserved for a DTW/LAX flight friday and see I am moved to a window seat! I get up a lot and like the aisle. The ONLY aisle seats available are in row 1. I don't want a window row and I don't want to sit in row 1.

I heard osmetimes DL will switch seat assignments so two people can sit together, but if that is the case ALL of row 1 is open so they should have sat them together in row 1.

53flyer Dec 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.

avidflyer Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by 53flyer (Post 15441219)
Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.

+1

LADELTA777 Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Might be due to a FAM on baord or just another diamond messing with you. J/K

localady Dec 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Those were my first two thoughts too... If I'm upgraded to those seats by the system, I immediately change my seat if at all possible..

jamesteroh Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.

I did change my seat to 3-b going back now that I know this info.

53flyer Dec 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 15441364)
Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.

To the best of my understanding, the FAM selects whatever seat they want, it has nothing to do with working as a pair. The airline can't change the seat the FAM has chosen.

BusTrav8yrs Dec 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?

53flyer Dec 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 15441511)
Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?

I've had numerous conversations with FAM's who are seated in row 2 aisle seats, and they have confirmed that those seats are a preferred location. Your experience may vary.

FriendlySkies Dec 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Huh.

I've seen FAMs in row 2 on a number of flights. On one, he even had a document out that said "SSI" at the top, and listed the flights he was taking that day :eek:

avidflyer Dec 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Huh.

Nope not at all. I know 2 myself and while I am not sure if 2B/C are in the "manual" they both tell me they are in Row 2 most of the time. It may just offer better overall awareness with close flight deck proximity.

LKYGSR Dec 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Not FAM

Most likely not FAM...

Do you book through a travel agent? If so, check with them, it could be their system updating your seats and changing them. Thats what was happening to me, after a talk with my TA, it has stoppped.

ControlTower Dec 13, 2010 3:21 pm

people generally misinterprete about online seating selection.

Those are "Seat Requests" not necessarly mean "Assigned Seat"