Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Renewal fee is now $650. For the last several years, I've gotten the email for the companion cert on either the 8th or 9th of the month of my card renewal (the issue date says the 1st and expiration is the 30th of the following month -- it's not the same expiration as the Sky Club guest passes). The renewal fee has not posted until later in the month. I would wait a few more days for them to post.
My understanding is $550 only changes to $650 in May.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by sg4515
Any recent DPs of when Reserve Companion Certificate and Skyclub Vouchers are posting?
My anniversary date is 2/7/2023. My annual fee of $550 should be posting on March 10, 2024. Still have not received Companion Cert or Skyclub Vouchers. I did have (1) Voucher expire 2/11/24. New ones have not posted yet.
My anniversary date is 3/19 (for both Plat and Reserve), and I just got 2x companion cert and 4x skyclub vouchers this morning.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Renewal fee is now $650. For the last several years, I've gotten the email for the companion cert on either the 8th or 9th of the month of my card renewal (the issue date says the 1st and expiration is the 30th of the following month -- it's not the same expiration as the Sky Club guest passes). The renewal fee has not posted until later in the month. I would wait a few more days for them to post.
You were right. Got the Companion Certificate today, and the four Skyclub passes. Companion Cert expires April 30, 2025 & Skyclub vouchers expire March 8, 2025. Fee should post March 10. It should be $550, $650 takes effect May 1 I think for existing card holders. Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sg4515
You were right. Got the Companion Certificate today, and the four Skyclub passes. Companion Cert expires April 30, 2025 & Skyclub vouchers expire March 8, 2025. Fee should post March 10. It should be $550, $650 takes effect May 1 I think for existing card holders. Thanks for the info.
Okay, I hadn't really checked when new fee takes effect (just assumed it was when the Amex changes were announced).
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:56 am

I am a new Reserve cardholder. I just got my card this week - any idea how long it will take for the 4 SC guest passes to post?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cc0818
I am a new Reserve cardholder. I just got my card this week - any idea how long it will take for the 4 SC guest passes to post?
I got a business reserve recently and it took 2-3 weeks to get skyclub passes and I'm still waiting for MQD boost a month later.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
EDIT - after back and forth with Delta and AMEX, it appeared today, right in line with prior years (between
Apr 3-9).

Add me to the list of people with delayed companion carts.
delta chat promised 48 hours. We’ll see.

“I totally understand your concern on the delayed issuance of your companion certificate. No worries, I already informed our SkyMiles department on the delayed companion certificate. Rest assured it will be posted on your account within 48 hours.”

Last edited by lindros2; Apr 5, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Old Apr 5, 2024, 10:41 pm

I have a DP to supply and a question:

I have/had a Delta Gold that I got last year, with the waived $99 AF for the first year. Amex told me my anniversary month was April, and I should get a companion cert should I upgrade before April 1st. I upgraded to the Delta Reserve (pop-up jail, and a flight I wanted to use the cert on) a day before my statement date in March. I have not been charged any AF at this point. After a few days of upgrading, I got four Sky Club guest passes with a March expiration date.

Now on April 5th (yesterday), I got four more (for a total of 8) guest passes and my elevated Delta Reserve Companion Cert.

Now the weird part. I immediately booked a flight with the cert, and it confirmed I was using the cert and was all happy and such. If i go to the flight, it even says I used a cert to book it and I have ticket numbers.

However, the companion cert still shows as "Open" and usable in my account. And I have been able to get to the "Pay Now"/final checkout when selecting new flights using the cert. Will this actually work? Is there some glitch?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by The_Shadow
I have a DP to supply and a question:

I have/had a Delta Gold that I got last year, with the waived $99 AF for the first year. Amex told me my anniversary month was April, and I should get a companion cert should I upgrade before April 1st. I upgraded to the Delta Reserve (pop-up jail, and a flight I wanted to use the cert on) a day before my statement date in March. I have not been charged any AF at this point. After a few days of upgrading, I got four Sky Club guest passes with a March expiration date.

Now on April 5th (yesterday), I got four more (for a total of 8) guest passes and my elevated Delta Reserve Companion Cert.

Now the weird part. I immediately booked a flight with the cert, and it confirmed I was using the cert and was all happy and such. If i go to the flight, it even says I used a cert to book it and I have ticket numbers.

However, the companion cert still shows as "Open" and usable in my account. And I have been able to get to the "Pay Now"/final checkout when selecting new flights using the cert. Will this actually work? Is there some glitch?
Sounds like you won the companion cert (and guest pass) lottery. Congrats.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Sounds like you won the companion cert (and guest pass) lottery. Congrats.
Hahaha that's nice! So you don't think that if I book another trip with this strange companion pass that Delta will cancel my first trip booked with it or my second one if I book it?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:43 am

Hahaha that's nice! So you don't think that if I book another trip with this strange companion pass that Delta will cancel my first trip booked with it or my second one if I book it?

Definitely not once it is ticketed and paid for.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Definitely not once it is ticketed and paid for.

I can confirm the system did let me book another companion ticket (and I got ticketed as well)

My companion ticket now shows as CLOSED. So for whatever reason I did indeed get to use it twice.
​​
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I would absolutely not be confident there will be no clawback until both trips are flown, but YMMV.

Delta IT around certificates is terrible, so it's quite possible they won't notice.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by findark
I would absolutely not be confident there will be no clawback until both trips are flown, but YMMV.

Delta IT around certificates is terrible, so it's quite possible they won't notice.
Seems like their fault though for sure. If it's there and says open, they can't really fault me for using it lol

I'll report back if they say anything
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Seems like their fault though for sure. If it's there and says open, they can't really fault me for using it lol

I'll report back if they say anything
I can confirm that I had this happen to me for trips taken earlier this year. 1st time cert never got pulled, so was able to use it a second time. I had no issues with either booking (and both were booked 3+ months in advance so plenty of time for DL to notice and claw back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.