Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

getting away with a seat swap (econ for upgraded first) with spouse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

getting away with a seat swap (econ for upgraded first) with spouse

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
^ Enjoy! Now send those same vibes our way for travel tomorrow & Saturday!
Safe travels to all over the upcoming holiday weekend...here's to avoiding the nude-o-scope and the groping, and to the good times with friends and family.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by DTWista
After several minutes' wait, DL Customer Service put Beloved Spouse in line for an upgrade, which the computer immediately granted (confirming your-all's suspicions about the low load factor on the holiday).

Thanks much for the help!
Good for you! Just curious, why weren't you on the same PNR in the first place? Remember to book together next time if you want the comp upgrade. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by lv2vl
Good for you! Just curious, why weren't you on the same PNR in the first place? Remember to book together next time if you want the comp upgrade. Happy Thanksgiving!
I disagree - I think your better off on different PNR's and then you must call DL and tell them that a person on a different PNR is your companion.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
I swap with my wife all the time. I fly tons for work and when we take the family I sit back with the kids and give her the first class seat. I have never asked to do it and the flight attendants all say something about how nice her husband is for doing that. Hasn't been a problem for me.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vitira
I have a flight on Friday which is mostly full in Y except for exit rows, and has 0 booked in to F (and GMs should have cleared today)—it's a JFK-SFO flight and you better believe I have my hopes up, with a total of, it seems, 5 medallions booked on the flight (I'm assuming medallions would book in to exit rows) I think I'm in good shape.
Not saying you don't have a good shot, but please realize:
1) Not all medallions are in exit rows.. If the flight's mainly full in Y, you can bet that some of those seats are held by medallions.
2) No medallions get upgraded in advance on JFK-SFO, so any DMs, PMs and GMs still have to be upgraded, and they won't be upgraded until you are at the gate.

Good luck!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:24 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
It's actually super easy to do this even when on separate PNRs (and I have done it a few times). You just call and ask that the PNRs be linked and request the companion upgrade. Easy!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Giving the FC to the wife

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I think the OP is asking about the protocol for swapping seats with her husband so she sits in Y and he gets her F seat; she wasn't suggesting just moving him up front with her. It seems to be pretty common to make such a swap, but I've not done it myself.

If you are on paid tickets, not award tickets, your husband is eligible for a companion upgrade. Maybe that will happen at the 24-hour window, which would be the best solution of all!
I do it all the time on DL. I am a DM, and when upgraded I just hand my seat pass to my wife and she takes my seat and I take hers in economy. Keeps the marriage going.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by DTWista
After several minutes' wait, DL Customer Service put Beloved Spouse in line for an upgrade, which the computer immediately granted (confirming your-all's suspicions about the low load factor on the holiday).

Thanks much for the help!
Enjoy... and have an adult beverage for me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.