Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where Is Everyone Going For Turkey Day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Is Everyone Going For Turkey Day?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Have flown MCO-MIA on a similar route and it is stunning, even if it's not 4July..
Very true, the lights of WPB, FLL, Boca Raton, etc... are great to see.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Absolutely nowhere. Tired of being away from home.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LucWise
Are you on DTW-HKG on Turkey Day? I'm on that flight as well! Potentially three FlyerTalkers that's awesome.
Unfortunately not - I'm connecting in Tokyo/Narita on my way to Hong Kong. But if anyone else is going to be in the NRT sky club right before DL639 to HKG (technically on 11/26 I think due to timezones?), we should definitely throw an impromptu FlyerTalk party there

I love how we all seem to pick similar destinations for leisure travel based on what's a good value When I went to Sydney earlier this year, the flights in both directions were oversold and lots of people got opups - the back half of BusinessElite was a complete FlyerTalk party and we were all laughing it up and comparing mileage runs

This time, it might be a bit harder to find any FTers onboard... as I mentioned before I'm in coach (U fare $750, M fare $2700 ) and the flights aren't anywhere close to full, so we'll be op-uped into seats near each other.

I'll try to track down some of the ideas my friend and I have for things to do in Hong Kong and post a summary. We've found WikiTravel's site to be very helpful so far, for what that's worth...

Last edited by BenA; Nov 19, 2010 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Athens, GA for nice southern Thanksgiving meal then Miami for the weekend. The worst part about it is that I'm flying AA MIA-JFK and I'm in a regular coach seat- not even an exit row! Haven't done this in years.. am hoping for a bump so I don't have to bear the regular coach experience!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
Sailing around the Hawaiian Islands on the Pride of America.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BenA
Unfortunately not - I'm connecting in Tokyo/Narita on my way to Hong Kong. But if anyone else is going to be in the NRT sky club right before DL639 to HKG (technically on 11/26 I think due to timezones?), we should definitely throw an impromptu FlyerTalk party there

I love how we all seem to pick similar destinations for leisure travel based on what's a good value When I went to Sydney earlier this year, the flights in both directions were oversold and lots of people got opups - the back half of BusinessElite was a complete FlyerTalk party and we were all laughing it up and comparing mileage runs

This time, it might be a bit harder to find any FTers onboard... as I mentioned before I'm in coach (U fare $750, M fare $2700 ) and the flights aren't anywhere close to full, so we'll be op-uped into seats near each other.

I'll try to track down some of the ideas my friend and I have for things to do in Hong Kong and post a summary. We've found WikiTravel's site to be very helpful so far, for what that's worth...
I am on the DTW-HKG flight but Burj is also going to be in HK. Maybe we can meet for a few drinks? I am there for work but my schedule is flexible and I will be there for 2 weeks on this trip.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Back to Milan and Paris with the mrs for a short vaca.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Will be flying up to JFK to spend Thanksgiving in CT and the weekend on Long Island and in NYC. Family meeting the GF for the first time too! ^
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by WidgetHead
Family meeting the GF for the first time too! ^
Good luck with that.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:25 pm

Not flying, but taking 35 people with me on a bus to Stubai, Austria to ski. Having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner prepared at the hotel and missing watching American football.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by LucWise
Are you on DTW-HKG on Turkey Day? I'm on that flight as well! Potentially three FlyerTalkers that's awesome.
I'm going through NRT as I really wanted to visit the NRT SkyClub...

The DTW-HKG flight gets in a few hours before the NRT-HKG flight... But I have found at least one other FlyerTalker who is on the NRT-HKG flight...

How long will you be in HKG for? Maybe we should all try to do a meet up!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM
RDU-MCO to visit the in-laws and Mickey Mouse!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Burj
I will be in HKG off-and-on for at least a week beginning Wed after Thanksgiving. Part time in Hong Kong, part in Shenzhen. If y'all have visas, could have a mini-DO in southern mainland China. Even without a visa, could do a meet-up in Kowloon, Macau, Central, Wanchai....
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:02 pm

Can I visit a lounge?

I would like to go up to SFO just to sit in a lounge and have Happy Hour on Friday and watch some sports while everyone else is shopping. Thursday I will be home.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Burj
I'm going through NRT as I really wanted to visit the NRT SkyClub...

The DTW-HKG flight gets in a few hours before the NRT-HKG flight... But I have found at least one other FlyerTalker who is on the NRT-HKG flight...

I'm actually just staying at the Marriott by the airport that night and out the next morning on a Cathay Pacific flight to Bali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.