Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where Is Everyone Going For Turkey Day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Is Everyone Going For Turkey Day?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Atlanta for me and the family.

Hope to stay away from the new TSA cavity searches.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Home for turkey, then off to the Big Island on Friday to use some of my Hilton points.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I am home until the Monday after Thanksgiving. The longest non-travel stretch for me all year.

BUT

This is the first year in ages that I won't be returning home from somewhere on Wednesday, and I'm a little bummed. Historically, some of the best entertainment is watching the families argue with GAs and FAs. Examples:
  • The people who sat their baby on the ticket scanner. When asked to moved the child, told the GA that it was okay, the baby wouldn't fall. They got irked when the GA told them he needed the scanner to board people. Eventually, the dad walked away with the baby, but it wasn't until security walked to the gate that the mother backed down.
  • The mother and father who lost their tempers screaming at the GA (LGA) about how they were entitled to board first, pre-F, because they had a baby. They threatened to call the FAA and the GA said he was calling security. They never got on the plane.
  • The mother and two children flying from Podunk to ATL, where they were going to connect to Florida, sitting behind me on an RJ. The kids, who were probably around ten and six, had never flown before. The older child - I love this story - had convinced the younger child that the bumps were caused by the plane hitting reindeer!!! The mom and FA were trying to convince the younger child that this was not true. I turned around and congratulated the older child on pulling it off.

I'll miss flying on Wednesday.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Los Angeles. It seems people are straight-up buying BE seats on the JFK-LAX route, so it'll be 18E for me.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
I will be staying home, and will be eating like a pig, hope to gain 20 lbs jk lol
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, CO GOLD
Originally Posted by armattheus
I'm flying to St Thomas to get to St John next Thursday for a dive trip. Nothing says Thanksgiving to me like fresh fish instead of Turkey
I'll be flying from St. Croix to The "Dirty Jerz" for a HS reunion!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Thanksgiving with my kids and grandkids at home. Going to be a tough one this year as we lost a grandchild a few weeks ago (newborn) but looking forward to just chilling out , spending time not on a plane, sleeping and not leaving my house until Monday.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, SPG Platinum
Flying to JNB from SEA via ATL in J.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
heading back to socal
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
DRIVING to St. Augustine for a play day and dinner.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: AA - PP
At this point, I'm counting the minutes till my flight home this afternoon, then looking forward to going NOWHERE for Thanksgiving. We host the family for that one.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Hmm...Thanksgiving...

Plan was LHR-ATL-LHR until I realized it meant I'd have to pay taxes to Uncle Sam this year. Sooooo.....Rome it is.

Originally Posted by DLNYC
I'll be flying to LHR and making DM in the process ^

Of course, I'll be sitting next to my ex (broke up after we bought the tickets, and both of us refuse to move from row 30, though my op-up chances are looking decent on the return, and as a measly FO, his do not. But I digress). Should make for an interesting flight

Sunday is actually the busiest day. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/17...ide/index.html
Wahoo for row 30! Enjoy London...such a lovely place...of course, it's just down the road from me.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Las Vegas!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:09 am

Staying home...playing in the "Turkey Bowl" with some friends...doing the Buffet at the Butcher Shop with the wife and kids.

CV
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Heading to SYD tomorrow for a week!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.