Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in Advisory

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Check-in Advisory

So, I went to check-in for my flight tomorrow to SYD (through MSP, LAX) and I get the message "Check-in Advisory" Please check in with an airport kiosk or agent. We are unable to complete your check-in request. I promptly call and they said that is strange - everything looks ok on their end. They don't know why it is telling me that. Here is the thing, I am driving a few hours to a 2x bonus airport to take advantage of that and I don't want to get there only to be told that I can't fly. Anyone else ever get this message? Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:04 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Maybe a dumb question but I assume you have applied for and received your Australian ETA? Even if you have that may be an issue - it was for me when I went to SYD (no online check-in, they had to verify something in their computer at the airport).
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: DLDM
same same

I had this happen everytime I went to Australia...they needed to check passport to be sure you had visa.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, guys (or gals. That is not a dumb question - I am sure people forget to do that! I did get mine confirmed. I flew there last year and had no problem doing online check-in, so I didn't even think that could be the reason. Oh well, I have to wait until tomorrow to see my upgrade position on the MSP-LAX leg
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You will find that on almost all (if not all) of the international destinations that you cannot do OLCI, this is because they need to check your passport. Airlines don't want to be fined so if they were to let you check in without showing them your passport and visa (if required) they would be hit with a huge fine and you would be coming home on the same plane you arrived on. They will require you to go to the GA working the flight as well and look at your passport/visa and stamp "DOCS OK" on your Boarding Pass.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

This must be just a Delta thing then. I have always been able to check-in online on Continental and US Airways for international trips - both coming and going.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by runfit
This must be just a Delta thing then. I have always been able to check-in online on Continental and US Airways for international trips - both coming and going.
It is.

I was able to check in for SFO-SYD, SYD-SFO, IAD-LHR, & LHR-IAD, all on UA.. They do ask if you've got the correct visa if you decide to use an agent to check-in, but if you don't OLCI works just fine.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I flew twice this year on DL to SYD originating in both RDU and DCA. No problems checking in online either time. Can't say why it would happen...but it doesn't always happen because it didn't happen to me...on any of my intl. itineraries. I have another this month, I assume it will be as smooth as the others.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: SM-GM ~ PC-PM ~ HGP-PM ~ SPG-GM
maybe your SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
OLCI has been going up and down like crazy the past few days. I couldnt OLCI earlier today and when I called PSS they said the OLCI was down ...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Also could not do online checkin for RST-MSP-AMS. No SSSSS. Could not even checkin at the kiosk. Had to wait in line, in RST (no line!).
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:55 am

Sorry - I may have misunderstood the question, but I found this at delta.com re: how to use online check-in:

"Note: For travel outside of the United States, you will have your passport credentials checked by a Delta agent prior to boarding. Additionally, if your travel requires a Visa, online check-in is not available - please see a Delta agent"
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by cfetters
"Note: For travel outside of the United States, you will have your passport credentials checked by a Delta agent prior to boarding. Additionally, if your travel requires a Visa, online check-in is not available - please see a Delta agent"
For SYD the visa is electronic so you can still check in online. Just enter your passport info, etc. They just verify your info at some point along the way, whether when dropping bags or gate or whatever.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I got the following error message today trying to OLCI for a domestic trip

Check-in Advisory
We're sorry, we are unable to complete your check-in request.

checkinadvisory.checkinadvisory.bulletgovernment

I've been denied OLCI on every flight, all airlines, the past 5-6 months when originating in the US. The kiosks at the airport won't check me in either. The agent has to type something in, and then I'm all set.

Does this have to do with Secure Flight?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:17 pm

Check the Page Source

If you check the HTML Code Page Source you can see if its redirecting to another bad link. Sometimes I use this when I'm not getting anywhere. Sometimes the website says trying to resolve DNS at delta.com.

I also copy and paste the URL into my Word Document and scrutinize it to see where the link is and I compare it with the redirected page to the Boarding Pass.

Now if its possible to see if you are a selected passenger using the HTML coding that would be interesting so you know that you will get an SSSSSS..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.