Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Membership Rewards 50% bonus and 25K DL MQM for 50K MR Transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership Rewards 50% bonus and 25K DL MQM for 50K MR Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:53 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by ffI
Whoa There! you are beginning to sound like mooper (and me when we analyze benefits of DL).
Funny you mention that - it crossed my mind as I was typing that post!

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
For what you give up in transfer flexibility for your Reserve card, you have the ability to earn MQMs- something that the Membership Rewards cards do not offer.
Well, until now
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: SM-GM ~ PC-PM ~ HGP-PM ~ SPG-GM
anyone tried the "double dip" yet? transferring from a personal MRW account AND unrelated Corporate/Small Business/Other MRW account?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Thank you flyertalk!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:30 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by username_unknown
anyone tried the "double dip" yet? transferring from a personal MRW account AND unrelated Corporate/Small Business/Other MRW account?
Since one registers on a Delta owned site with their Delta SkyMiles number, I see little chance one could get this bonus more than once.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:19 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
When you register, it just asks for an email and Skymiles number. Where did you go to register a personal vs corporate amex?

If it accepted your Skymiles number, I'm pretty sure transferring your Membership Rewards points, whether earned from a Gold/Personal Amex vs Corporate Amex will not matter.
I have 2 AmEx cards, one business (green AmEx) and one personal (DL SkyMiles AmEx). When I went to register, only the business card account showed up after I logged in. Then when I selected the card number, a window opened saying that there would be a $75 charge to join the rewards program for this card.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
I'm just starting to fly DL. Starting in Jan I'll fly about 15,000 domestic miles per month.
Right now I am GM from my Amex Centurion card (automatic status) and I have about 10K MQMs this year.
If I transfer 50K MR to Skymiles and get the 25K MQMs in Dec will my 35K MQMs be worthless in 2011 or will they rollover and I'll start 2011 with 35K MQMs?
With only 10K MQMs right now - 75K MQMs may be too far away for me to earn PM status by the end of the year.
Thoughts?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Harlem
I'm just starting to fly DL. Starting in Jan I'll fly about 15,000 domestic miles per month.
Right now I am GM from my Amex Centurion card (automatic status) and I have about 10K MQMs this year.
If I transfer 50K MR to Skymiles and get the 25K MQMs in Dec will my 35K MQMs be worthless in 2011 or will they rollover and I'll start 2011 with 35K MQMs?
With only 10K MQMs right now - 75K MQMs may be too far away for me to earn PM status by the end of the year.
Thoughts?
If you fly 10,000 miles a month and have GM through Black AMX-I'd use points for something else....though my boss has the black AMX and he did the transfer
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by pbjag
Thanks OP.^

Registered last night when I saw this thread. After reading the thread today, I verified on DL that my registartion showed under my promotions. Went to the AmEx MR site and noticed that the offer shows up there as well. Transferred 50K points and presto, the points, bonus and MQMs appeared in my Skymiles account.

2 more trips and I will now hit Diamond -- and this means I can stop spending on my DL Reserve card trying to hit another threshold bonus.
How do you check for the promos you're signed up for on the AMEX MR site - I couldn't find it (I registered for the bonus yesterday afternoon & the promo hasn't shown up yet under promos on my Delta account, so I wanted to see if my AMEX MR account showed it as a registered promo before I do the transfer)?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:46 am

This is a great deal. For 50k Amex miles and $30 I just got 100k Delta miles and 25k MQM. Thank you poster and FlyerTalk.

(I am a DM and have 120k MQM this year already. I was going to stop flying Delta, drop to PM and roll over 45 MQM. After all, DM is not very different from PM. Now, I stay DM, pick up the 25k bonus for DM, and roll over 20 MQM plus whatever else I fly.)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:04 am
mdb

Still waiting for the bonuses

Registered and transfered yesterday all in one step - after registering there was a "transfer points" button which I followed and made th 50k transfer.....

Got the 50k but neither bonus has showed up yet. Others?

Not on my promos page - called DL just to be sure the remark it in my record....

Last edited by mdb; Nov 3, 2010 at 8:15 am Reason: after looking at my promotions page....
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by mdb
Registered and transfered yesterday all in one step - after registering there was a "transfer points" button which I followed and made th 50k transfer.....

Got the 50k but neither bonus has showed up yet. Others?
My bonus did not yet either, but from reading this thread it appears that it may take a day or more for some - maybe till a Friday passes. No one has reported a problem, so I assume that if you are registered okay you will be fine.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I registered and then transferred and the points haven't shown up. This has happened to me before on other Delta/MR promos. I'm not terribly concerned as they've always posted the bonus miles, albeit just a little bit behind when I immediately signed up. It's usually a couple of weeks and then it shoots through.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:50 am

Can We Use Advanced Points

I've looked at the T&Cs and skimmed the 9 pages of posts and I didnt notice that this was addressed. (I apologize if I missed it.) I have a Platinum AMX card, but I do not have 50,000 MR points (about 15,000 short). Can I get an advance (as I've done before) to make up this shortfall and then transfer to take advantage of this Promo? I wouldn't have a problem "paying back the advance" this calendar year, but I couldn't guarantee that any spending I did before December 15 would post in time.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:05 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I have 2 AmEx cards, one business (green AmEx) and one personal (DL SkyMiles AmEx). When I went to register, only the business card account showed up after I logged in. Then when I selected the card number, a window opened saying that there would be a $75 charge to join the rewards program for this card.
The DL SM AmEx doesn't apply to this offer, only the generic AmEx. If you want to join the MR program with the green card, I believe is true that there is a $75 annual fee. But you need to have 50K MR points to transfer. Just joining doesn't make the points magically appear

Originally Posted by Dreps
I've looked at the T&Cs and skimmed the 9 pages of posts and I didnt notice that this was addressed. (I apologize if I missed it.) I have a Platinum AMX card, but I do not have 50,000 MR points (about 15,000 short). Can I get an advance (as I've done before) to make up this shortfall and then transfer to take advantage of this Promo? I wouldn't have a problem "paying back the advance" this calendar year, but I couldn't guarantee that any spending I did before December 15 would post in time.
Yes you can get an advance. The amount of points that can be advanced is usually shown when you log onto the MR website.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:10 am

I know that I can get an advance. What I was trying to determine is whether anyone has investigated whether there was anything about this promotion that would negate the use of "advanced" points for the transfer? I think I'll call AMX and/or DL. I assume that DL is really the relevant party, and I think that it is a lot more difficult to obtain accurate information from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.