Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where would you like Delta to fly, and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt

I'm in BOS. I think some western ski destinations might be nice - non stop...
and maybe some island destinations as well - non stop.

Why? ...because I go to those places with other airlines that do currently accommodate my needs.

anyone have their own suggestions/ideas?

TY

MM
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I would like Delta to build an airport right next to my apartment, and another next to my office building five miles away. This route should be equipped with a 77L with lie flat seats that operates every 15 minutes, with full BE service. I should be able to use the special requests section of the website to make sure Woodford is waiting at my seat before I board the plane. There should also be a permanent promotion that gets me quarduple bonus miles and MQMs.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Santa Rosa, CA (STS)

Unhappily, Sonoma County won't lengthen the runway from 5,100' to 6,000' because the "tiger salamander" has more rights than humans. By road, Santa Rosa is roughly 67 miles from SFO and 63 miles from OAK, and a little over 90 miles west of SMF. This would seem like a no-brainer for DL to offer RJ service from and to SLC if the runway situation were solved.

Horizon Air flies prop planes in and out of STS to LAX, PDX and SEA (twice a day to LAX, once a day to each PDX and SEA).
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I want my DL plane to be filled with mint coins.

All mine, do you hear me? MINE!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Lets see.....new destinations I would like:

SOUTH AMERICA
Montevideo, Uruguay - business
Asuncion, Paraguay - business
Santa Cruz, Bolivia - business
Cordoba, Argentina - business
Santa Marta, Colombia - great place, not as built up as caribbean
Cartagena, Colombia - great place, not as built up as caribbean, more authentic
San Andres Island, Colombia - unreal island with resorts and great beaches
Cuzco, Peru - want to see the ruins and Machu Pichu
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador - a unbelieveable paradise, no chance delta will ever fly here due to Ecuadorian law but 2 stop service sucks for me PHX/MSP-ATL-GYE-GPS or currently PHX/MSP-ATL-UIO-GYE-GPS

AUSTRALIA
Melbourne, Australia - Would be a nice tag-on to the SYD flight
Perth, Australia - supposed to be really nice

AFRICA
Casablanca, Morocco - always intrigued me, wife really wants to go
Male, Maldives - friends went and said it was really neat

ASIA
Bali, Indonesia - Lots of resorts, would be great for vacations or Luxury Delta Vacations
Phuket, Thailand - Resorts, nice vacation spot

EUROPE
Helsinki, Finland - Business
Oslo, Norway - Seems to be a lot of scandanavians in northern US
Lisbon, Portugal - heard it is a nice place
Edinburgh, UK - Love golf, would like to visit and play all the courses (St Andrews, Carnoustie, Troon, Muirfield, Turnberry, etc)
Glasgow, UK - Same as above

NORTH AMERICA
Grand Rapids, Minnesota -my folks live there, had air service til 2004
Huatulco, Mexico - Excellent resort destination not many know about
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by javabytes
I would like Delta to build an airport right next to my apartment, and another next to my office building five miles away. This route should be equipped with a 77L with lie flat seats that operates every 15 minutes, with full BE service.
I'm pretty certain that having a 77L buzz your apartment at a few hundred feet 4 times an hour would be enough of a drag to outweigh the convenience when you did need to fly.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
I would like to see the CHS-TPA route back, or somewhere in Florida.
Trenton, NJ would be nice.
Krakow in Poland would be good as well.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Lets see.....new destinations I would like:

Edinburgh, UK - Love golf, would like to visit and play all the courses (St Andrews, Carnoustie, Troon, Muirfield, Turnberry, etc)
Glasgow, UK - Same as above
While St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Muirfield are closer to EDI, Troon and Turnberry are much closer to GLA; Troon is maybe a 30 minute train ride from Paisley Gilmour Street (the closest train station to GLA, about 1 mile south of there); Turnberry is located near Girvan, about 1 hour south of Paisley GS. Ayr is a great little town to base yourself--I stayed there last October when I did a sporting doubleheader in Scotland--Ayr Racecourse in the afternoon, Celtic v. Rapid Vienna at the wonderful Celtic Park in east Glasgow in the evening. Along the train line between Ayr and Glasgow there has to be a dozen links courses, including the famous Railway Hole at Royal Troon.

Muirfield is maybe 15-20 miles east of central Edinburgh, near where the Firth of Forth empties into the North Sea. St. Andrews is in the Kingdom of Fife, something like 50 miles north of Edinburgh, and 10-12 miles from Dundee (if you go by train and bus, you get off at a stop called Leuchars (across a road from an RAF base) and take a bus which ends up running right by the Old Course. Carnoustie is on the north side of the Firth of Tay, a few miles east of Dundee, about 70 road miles from Edinburgh; you can actually take the ScotRail local Edinburgh-Dundee-Aberdeen train to a stop which serves the golf links there.

Air France's commuter partner CityJet serves EDI; KLM Cityhopper serves GLA.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ND76
While St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Muirfield are closer to EDI, Troon and Turnberry are much closer to GLA; Troon is maybe a 30 minute train ride from Paisley Gilmour Street (the closest train station to GLA, about 1 mile south of there); Turnberry is located near Girvan, about 1 hour south of Paisley GS. Ayr is a great little town to base yourself--I stayed there last October when I did a sporting doubleheader in Scotland--Ayr Racecourse in the afternoon, Celtic v. Rapid Vienna at the wonderful Celtic Park in east Glasgow in the evening. Along the train line between Ayr and Glasgow there has to be a dozen links courses, including the famous Railway Hole at Royal Troon.

Muirfield is maybe 15-20 miles east of central Edinburgh, near where the Firth of Forth empties into the North Sea. St. Andrews is in the Kingdom of Fife, something like 50 miles north of Edinburgh, and 10-12 miles from Dundee (if you go by train and bus, you get off at a stop called Leuchars (across a road from an RAF base) and take a bus which ends up running right by the Old Course. Carnoustie is on the north side of the Firth of Tay, a few miles east of Dundee, about 70 road miles from Edinburgh; you can actually take the ScotRail local Edinburgh-Dundee-Aberdeen train to a stop which serves the golf links there.

Air France's commuter partner CityJet serves EDI; KLM Cityhopper serves GLA.
Played all three

Reinstate ATL-BUR and I would be a happy golfer.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
LIS, would like to go there, and spend 2 weeks along the coast with my GF.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Lets see.....
Casablanca, Morocco - always intrigued me, wife really wants to go
Male, Maldives - friends went and said it was really neat
Casablanca pretty much a cipher. Now Fes and Marrakech and you're in business.
Male good for transit, maybe 3 hours, and then on to the rest of the country (but pretty much only if you love scuba).
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by runninaway
I'm pretty certain that having a 77L buzz your apartment at a few hundred feet 4 times an hour would be enough of a drag to outweigh the convenience when you did need to fly.
Don't ruin my dreams with reality or common sense!

You're right. One flight a day then... apartment to office at 8:45, office to apartment at 5:15. Oh, and I forgot the airport across the street from the office, one flight a day at lunch time.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
LZU as a alternative to ATL
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
what is LZU?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by gradybush
what is LZU?
Gwinnett-County airport. There is an ongoing, but controversial, effort to develop LZU into a second Atlanta airport.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/opp...rt-661824.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.