Community
Wiki Posts
Search

757 BE seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:41 am
Original Poster

757 BE seating

Sorry to ask this (I'm sure it has been asked before) but the search function is not satisfactory as there are way too many Delta threads to find an answer. What are the preferred seats in the 757-200 BE cabin transatlantic? Seatguru indicates row 1 has extra legroom but is it noisy because of the galley? many thanks
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: DL FO
To be honest, I haven't found a bad seat on this aircraft (the ex-TWA aircraft, that is... never been on an ex-NWA one).
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by dander
Sorry to ask this (I'm sure it has been asked before) but the search function is not satisfactory as there are way too many Delta threads to find an answer. What are the preferred seats in the 757-200 BE cabin transatlantic? Seatguru indicates row 1 has extra legroom but is it noisy because of the galley? many thanks
I generally book row 5... seems to be the best for me.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Smile

Originally Posted by GaryO3
I generally book row 5... seems to be the best for me.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM
no real difference. I prefer rows further to the front to be served earlier. But it doesn't matter. The seat pitch is long enough on any row in BE. For all of them it is a bit hard to get out if you have the window seat and the aisle seat is fully reclined. I don't think row 1 is a lot better in that respect.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by underattack
no real difference. I prefer rows further to the front to be served earlier. But it doesn't matter. The seat pitch is long enough on any row in BE. For all of them it is a bit hard to get out if you have the window seat and the aisle seat is fully reclined. I don't think row 1 is a lot better in that respect.
Since I rarely eat the food this isn't an issue for me... I prefer to be closer to door 2L as (at least domestically) that is normally the boarding door. And with some of these birds having fewer number of seats there is much less chance of having a problem due to equipment swaps.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:21 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
OP- Remember there are two 757 versions that DL uses transatlantic. One ex-TWA and one ex-NWA.

The ex-TWA are much nicer in my opinion. They just re-fitted these in the last year or so.

The ex-NWA do not have an in-seat video screen in BE, they bring you one to plug in.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:24 pm

If it is an ex-TWA 757 I am not a fan of 2A and 2B because of the curtain for the crew rest seats. My preferred seat on that version is 2D
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

how can I tell if a 757 is an ex TW or ex NW?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL FO
Seatguru.com

Match up your flight's seat map on delta.com to the 757 map on seat guru.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
The best way for me to id these aircraft is only at the airport when I read the reg on the AC. but I think there is a way of knowing this prior to arriving to the airport.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:54 am

If the coach section has two rows of overwing exits and coach goes from about rows 16-40 it is an ex-NWA 757. If there is an exit row at Row 36 (right behind the mid-cabin lavs) and coach goes from rows 18-44 you are on an ex-TWA 757
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I love the ex-TW/AA birds. They're very comfortable, in general, but I tend to avoid row 4. The A/B side is in front of the bathroom, and the C/D side is in front of a beverage center for Y. You'll hear ice being crushed the entire flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.