Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
FLL Basic sky club with a bartender but its rarely crowded and the agents are all super nice

NRT No other club that I've been to is like it. The beer machines are awesome although its lacking since they removed the Sushi, AF lounge across the hall in sat 1 isn't anywhere near as nice, and the sushi sucks
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:14 pm

JFK?

can someone enlighten me on the difference between the 4 SCs at JFK? i will be flying JFK-LHR in BE in a couple of weeks. i see there are 3 SCs in T3 and 1 in T2. thanks
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
NRT - Nice club - good food selection and the GREATEST beer pouring machine (the only beer pouring machine) I've ever seen. Great beer with a perfect head every time.

HKG - I don't remember seeing anything posted recently about this, but Delta is using the Quantas Lounge, which is right near gate #15. The dragons guarding the gate were very, very pleasant, especially since I thought I was given the wrong information by one of the information desk ladies (the signage near the entrance says the Quantas lounge is also for BA, AA club/first/business and AA Million Mile), as the Korean Airline club was very close (just across from gate #15) and since they were Skyteam I figured I would get access to the Korean Airline Lounge instead.

Although the lounge is a bit on the smaller side, it was setup nicely and had some comfortable chairs. The breakfast spread was large. I had the pancakes and they were good. They also had warm croissants, fresh fruit and plenty of other choices. They even had bottled water to take with you. Only problem with the bottled water was during security check prior to boarding they took the water and didn't allow it on the plane. I got a bottle when I boarded, but I couldn't figure out why they didn't allow the bottled water (provided it was obtained after clearing security).
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Davescj
I can see MCI being questionable, but DEN and PHX one would think is a no brainer.

Dave
Delta at MCI does 8 ATL ops/day, 6 to MSP, 5 to DTW, 4 to LGA and 3 each to SLC, MEM and CVG.

What's the SkyClub minimum?

Aren't MCI rental fees are pretty reasonable?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Maker's Mark

Maker's Mark is a better midrange bourbon IMO and similar price.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809
HKG - I don't remember seeing anything posted recently about this, but Delta is using the Quantas Lounge, which is right near gate #15. The dragons guarding the gate were very, very pleasant, especially since I thought I was given the wrong information by one of the information desk ladies (the signage near the entrance says the Quantas lounge is also for BA, AA club/first/business and AA Million Mile), as the Korean Airline club was very close (just across from gate #15) and since they were Skyteam I figured I would get access to the Korean Airline Lounge instead.
Thanks for this info as I can see how it would be confusing to be told to go to a QANTAS lounge!

As a DL PM (so SkyTeam Elite +) couldn't have gotten into the Korean lounge? I wonder how it compares.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Burj
Thanks for this info as I can see how it would be confusing to be told to go to a QANTAS lounge!

As a DL PM (so SkyTeam Elite +) couldn't have gotten into the Korean lounge? I wonder how it compares.
As my flight was early in the AM (9:15 scheduled, which they moved back to 8:55am and we left early), I'm not sure the Korean lounge was open at the time, so that may be why I was directed to the Quantas lounge. Never did check though since i did get into the Quantas lounge and it was nice - did I mention they even had Vegemite? I had the pancakes which were rather pleasant.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by toby182
can someone enlighten me on the difference between the 4 SCs at JFK? i will be flying JFK-LHR in BE in a couple of weeks. i see there are 3 SCs in T3 and 1 in T2. thanks
Continuing on toby182's question....

1. Any experiences on JFK lounges (a previous question from me rated the Oasis lounge pretty high)
2. I will be arriving in JFK early AM - but dont have a flight after - but would I be able to use the lounge post arrival? I know the rules state that "Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline. " Usually this would mean for pre travel - but is post travel ok?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Davescj
I can see MCI being questionable, but DEN and PHX one would think is a no brainer.

Dave
I guess it depends on what sort of 'brain' is actually running the SC - there are times when I think it must be thought of as some sort of "side show" or "step-child" in the system. For years they gave membership away for Plats and sort of let the clubs run down in the process. Then they cut off the Plats and did the 'big cut' that killed off MCI,DEN,PHX, etc. Now they give it away to Diamonds but there does seem to be some effort to restore the image - albeit not much location recovery. For that matter not much effort to keep locations (e.g. the PHL disaster) I really wish DL would make up its mind so that those of us who actually pay a membership would know what the heck to expect.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by pranu
Continuing on toby182's question....

1. Any experiences on JFK lounges (a previous question from me rated the Oasis lounge pretty high)
2. I will be arriving in JFK early AM - but dont have a flight after - but would I be able to use the lounge post arrival? I know the rules state that "Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline. " Usually this would mean for pre travel - but is post travel ok?
You can access the club after a flight just fine so long as you stay inside security - the only 'control' they really have on this policy is the security check-point. They don't issue gate passes for club visits unless you are renting a conference room. There was a time when they insisted on boarding passes - and DL BPs at that - but that's over now.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Thanks pmaddock!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
I stopped by the ATL E15 SC yesterday for the first time (the one that doesn't open until 2PM). It was nice, very classy. I like this one better than the E14 SC.

I also saw that B10 in ATL is closed for the next month or so for renovations.

As of yesterday at least, the IND SC isn't open yet, but there's a big sign on the wall where it will be and some cool pictures of what it will look like when completed. Has anyone heard anything about when it will actually open?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
We must be just reviewing actual facilities, right?
If is a "whole" Skyclub review including, service, food, etc. where would I start?

If I did not have membership by being a DM I would NEVER pay for a DL SC membership again. Compared to what the DL and NW clubs USED to be like, the product DL is putting forward as the new Skyclub is a joke.

I travel a lot internatioally and try comparing ANY Skyclub to the AMS lounge, or even the CDG or JNB AF longes we can use and you know what I mean.

Heck, just used the AF lounge in DKR and food, drinks, etc. were better.

IMHO DL has decided to give more away through DM, etc. and greatly reduce product offering.
If you want free wifi and drinks go for it but I guess I got used to what we had and have come to expect more from DL then what we get.

Then again I still get mine through being a DM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
sky club reviews

my home base is MKE so i'm not going trash the club but it is small. however it is clean and epople are very nice. i also like that you can self-serve drinks versus waiting in line for a bartender.

PBI isn't bad. the airport is so easy it is nice, simple and clean.

SFO is weird in the fact that it is before security. not a prob if you are medallion or sky priority but if not it can be a pain.

heading to DCA this weekend and am curious to see how it is since i have never been there. any comments???

on labor day the two A-concourse end clubs at DTW were closed -- no note or anything. i was shocked.

as for amenities etc. i'm SO sick of the same snacks: the hummus, cellophane cheese, bruised apples and carrots. oh yeah the dried fruit and nuts.

still debating renewing my membership which expires in 6 weeks. but i do fly quite a bit (GM) and it is way nicer than sitting at the gate or in a bad chain restaurant.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by realjd
I also saw that B10 in ATL is closed for the next month or so for renovations.
I noticed the same thing the other day - the closure was pushed back when the drill was needed for emergency mine rescue work elsewhere in the world but I heard it's available now and currently working on cleaning the grout in the B10 bathrooms - rumor has it this task is much more difficult than the rescue was

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.