Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Miami (MIA): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Miami (MIA): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 4:53 am

If you really want to maximize miles you can get over 3100 for this routing and it is available on delta.com

DL2173 Lv MIA @ 1:30P Arr ATL @ 3:35P
DL81 Lv ATL @ 4:55P Arr MCO @ 6:29P
DL2245 Lv MCO @ 7:55P Arr LAS @ 9:32P
Old May 1, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
If you really want to maximize miles you can get over 3100 for this routing and it is available on delta.com

Excellent suggestion.

The things we endure to maximize MQMs......
Old May 1, 2012, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I'm going to check out some reroutes. Let me upload my current route now.

So do you honestly think I can make it? If not what routing would you suggest to maximize my MQM?

Can I have a flight on hold so I can keep my UG on the earlier flight and go to the later one? Will Delta let me do that? I guess I probably should do the reverse to be better safe than sorry...

Okay everyone Here is a challenge. Find me a better routing that will maximize my MQM. I'd like to be back reasonably in LAS on Sunday night, however.
DL almost certainly won't "hold" seats for you. Your choices likely are to leave it as is and understand that there's about a 90% chance you will miss your connection and be put on the next available flight (which is not necessarily the next flight) or to book the later flight now and hope there's space on the 27-minute connection flight when you arrive. I can't imagine not doing the former.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve

Thank you for finding this! Looks great. I'll try to get that changed today during my layover in ATL.

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Excellent suggestion.

The things we endure to maximize MQMs......
MQM are like pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:15 pm

Thank you for finding this! Looks great. I'll try to get that changed today during my layover in ATL.

MQM are like pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all.
Good luck
Old May 1, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Good luck
Haha, it's been hard but I think we can do it.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:27 am

Haha, it's been hard but I think we can do it.
Good. I realized after I posted it that it may involve a broken fare which would be much more complex to process. Hope it all works out even if I personally would take the 300 less MQM to be home a couple of hours earlier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.