Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double/Triple SkyMiles with AmEx

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by Marylou
Be careful of the start date, not until July 1.
Just noticed this too after signing up yesterday and then redeeming some miles for a trip. Hope it means the 2X/3X starts July 1. Why would it let you sign up and encourage you to start redeeming now id it doesn't count until July 1?

Originally Posted by gte157q

it is also vague regarding when you have to redeem vs. for what period you earn 2x miles. if i redeem today do i get 2x on spend from Jul 1 to sept 30?

"Double miles offer is valid from 07/01/10 to 09/30/10 ("Promotion Period"). Enrollment and qualification for this offer requires a minimum redemption of 10,000 miles through
one or a combination of Delta channels from the Primary Cardmember's SkyMiles® account. The double miles offer will be applied to the total number of dollars of eligible
spend during the Promotion Period."
Originally Posted by Delta2010
Agreed. Does not mention anywhere that redemption has to be done during the promotion period. I just redeemed one domestic award ticket last week. Hopefully I will still qualify.

Originally Posted by safigan
I can register for this promotion multiple times with the same SM number. Normally it says that I've already registered, but no such message this time. How can I tell if I'm really registered? Or do I need to register after the start of the promotion period?
Same for me. I registered and it doesn't show up in my promotions either, although from experience this seems to sometimes take a day or two.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
Same for me. I registered and it doesn't show up in my promotions either, although from experience this seems to sometimes take a day or two.
Oh, nice-- I didn't know there was a "My promotions" page on DL. It hasn't shown up in mine either. It is a DL promotion and not an AmEx promo, isn't it?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Now I have started doubting authenticity of this offer. I registered couple of days ago and have not received any confirmation email from anyone neither AMEX nor delta. On all earlier promos, the moment you sign-up, you receive an a confirmation email within a few mins!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Delta2010
Now I have started doubting authenticity of this offer. I registered couple of days ago and have not received any confirmation email from anyone neither AMEX nor delta. On all earlier promos, the moment you sign-up, you receive an a confirmation email within a few mins!
Meaning you think it's a scam, or meaning you doubt it will log your info correctly? If you look at http://whois.domaintools.com/deltabounceback.com you'll see that a marketing firm that has handled many of Delta's promos in the past registered the domain. It's definitely legit in terms of being commissioned by Delta and not being a scam.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:08 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
2. $10,000 of DL tickets using Pay With Miles. Other ideas?
It is 100$ of DL tickets with PWM.

Not specified.
How soon after enrolling can you qualifyby redeem the awards or gift certificates.
Do we have to wait till July 1? I do not think so, but not specified.
No limits on miles, but assuming I will spend 10k in 3 months, I can get 10k with SPG or choose 20k skymiles with the Amex double promo. This is only for the pure DL skymile enthusiast. Most people I know would go for the SPG at 2x skymile value.
When do you know you are OK with the bonuses - 6-8 weeks?
If I get an award, does your trip have to have travel by Sept 30.
No confirmatory emails, or indication that there is even a promo.
makes me long for UA where you could see all your promos under "my promotions"!

Last edited by ffI; Jun 29, 2010 at 8:13 pm
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:09 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Terms and Conditions

Double miles offer is valid from 07/01/10 to 09/30/10 ("Promotion Period"). Enrollment and qualification for this offer requires a minimum redemption of 10,000 miles through one or a combination of Delta channels from the Primary Cardmember's SkyMiles® account. The double miles offer will be applied to the total number of dollars of eligible spend during the Promotion Period. Balance transfers, Express Cash, Cash Advances, U.S. Savings Bonds transactions, American Express® Travelers Cheques and Gift Cheques are not eligible. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the Promotion Period for the bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. Triple miles offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages. Bonus miles will post to Primary Cardmember's SkyMiles account. Offer open only to new and existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers from American Express. To be eligible to earn double miles, Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Pay with Miles program is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers, as well as to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cardmembers and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmembers. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product with a U.S. point of sale address in their SkyMiles account are eligible to use Pay with Miles upon receipt of their new Card. Eligible only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked at delta.com under the DL code. Flight will be marked as Pay with Miles eligible. Minimum 10,000 miles for redemption. Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion ® Complimentary Upgrades, Medallion Segment Qualification, Medallion Qualification Miles, or Best Fare Guarantee. Refundable fares paid for fully or partially with miles will be refunded in accordance with the Pay with Miles terms and conditions. Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. For terms, conditions, and restrictions, visit delta.com/paywithmiles. All redemption offers and awards are subject to change and to the terms and conditions of each individual merchant. Promotion is void if qualifying mileage redemption is re-deposited into SkyMiles account. This offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

1. Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card are eligible to receive the first checked bag fee waiver on Delta and Delta Connection carrier tickets. Waiver is only of normal first checked bag fee for a bag that is not overweight and not oversize under Delta's applicable rules. Additional checked bags will be subject to the applicable baggage fees as outlined by Delta's rules and the purchased fare. The first checked bag fee waiver will be applied to all passengers traveling in the reservation containing the Basic Cardmember's SkyMiles number (up to nine waivers). If more than nine passengers are within the same reservation the waiver will only be applied to eligible passengers. The first checked bag fee waiver will only be applied on flight segments which originate on a Delta or Delta connection carrier operated flight. Codeshare flights are not eligible. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after receiving their card from American Express. Offer terms and conditions subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. See MyCardCan.com for details.

2. Sky Club Reduced Rate benefit is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Payment must be made with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also accessing the club with a $25 pay-as-you-go pass or who is a Club member. Please drink responsibly. Up to two guests are permitted upon payment of $25 per guest. Partner lounges are not included. Amenities may vary among airport club locations. Offers and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub.

3. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must be traveling on a Delta-coded or Delta-operated flight. Name on ticket must match name on Delta Reserve Card. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to enter Clubs with a self-service bar, unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The Delta Reserve Cardmember's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the Club as complimentary guests. Complimentary access is only for Delta Sky Clubs. Codeshare partner and other alliance partner lounges are not included. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must present his or her valid Card and same-day, airline ticket to club agents. Note that amenities may vary among airport Club locations. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a fee. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Offer and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just got my offer via snail mail.

Wouldnt redeeming 10000 miles for a $100 restuarant gift cert. be a cost effective (0.01/mile) way to qualify?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:45 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by ATL787
For #2, I think you mean $100 worth of pay with miles ticket value redeemed (it's one of the examples)
D'oh! Yes, you're right. $100 of a cheap pay with miles ticket is a much more reasonable option, too. But I'd still lean toward most of the other options.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Nice combination...

This promo may not take us too far but for us, the timing is pretty good.

Last weekend, my wife was instantly approved for a targeted 50k skymile Delta American Express (25k on first spend, 25k on $10k in 6 months + 4 skyclub passes). Just waiting for it to arrive.

We're also just about ready to book some fall and winter travel for family and business travel over summer for me... Resorting to 10k PWM for $100 off a ticket seems easy enough, even if it isn't at a CPM I'd usually take.

I'm not sure how much of our 10k planned spend on the new Amex we'll get done before this promo closes out but it should make a noticible difference for her account.

Thumbs up for me, but mostly because it complements our other activities so well. Otherwise, I'd agree with ffi who said:

This is only for the pure DL skymile enthusiast.
I wouldn't go too far out of my way for this promo.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So spending 10,000 miles in the SM Marketplace on a gift card would validate this promo...but does the double miles start from when the 10,000 miles deduction posts with the retailer (or qualifying end user) or does it go backwards and qualify for double miles for the entire promotion period 7/1-9/30?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
It has to be 7/1-9/30 completely.

My question is, will all purchases made 7/1-9/30 count?

Or will it be based on what gets posted to your skymiles account from 7/1-9/30 (ie. June, July, and August spending, if your Amex statement closes at month end and posts to your skymiles account in the first few days of the next month)?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:59 am

Has anyone had this show up in "my promotions" yet?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by Adirondacker
Has anyone had this show up in "my promotions" yet?
Not me, and I registered Monday, 6/26.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
Not me, and I registered Monday, 6/26.
Not me, and I registered on Monday as well. Not reassuring.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:22 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by sharkey
I just got my offer via snail mail.

Wouldnt redeeming 10000 miles for a $100 restuarant gift cert. be a cost effective (0.01/mile) way to qualify?
Where do you get restaurant gift certs for Skymiles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.