Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL adding service in STL in late Fall ‘10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam

I don’t recall this being discussed but if it has, my apologies in advance and mods please delete

-----------------

On the heels of the recent DEQM and 5/10k bonus promotion, DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched). In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that AS will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.

None of this has been made official but the 411 comes from one of my trusted DL sources.

Could a STL SkyClub be in the works? Hmmmm.

It’s (FINALLY!) a good time to be STL-based.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by hockeystl
In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that Alaska will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.
SEA-STL will most likely be codeshared with Alaska - Delta will simply put its code on this flight.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
SEA-STL will most likely be codeshared with Alaska - Delta will simply put its code on this flight.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Shows you how much experience I have with AS.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Heard some more rumors this week that DL is looking at converting the old EA lounge in the A terminal at Lambert. STL can't be a true focus city without a SC. C'Mon Delta!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Heard some more rumors this week that DL is looking at converting the old EA lounge in the A terminal at Lambert. STL can't be a true focus city without a SC. C'Mon Delta!
Would be good...especially with STL having 34 flights (31 of which have F) in the fall schedule on Delta metal, plus the AS flight.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:10 am

I don’t recall this being discussed but if it has, my apologies in advance and mods please delete

-----------------

On the heels of the recent DEQM and 5/10k bonus promotion, DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched). In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that AS will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.

None of this has been made official but the 411 comes from one of my trusted DL sources.

Could a STL SkyClub be in the works? Hmmmm.

It’s (FINALLY!) a good time to be STL-based.
the only west coast route that STL would likely get at this point (on DL planes) is LAX.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
That would be nice.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
It would be nicer to see DL move to C/D and add a SC there.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Looks like ATran moved to C

Also saw DL using A10 yesterday. Been a while since I've seen them parking there...or maybe I just havent noticed.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
It would be nicer to see DL move to C/D and add a SC there.

This would be perfect. I'm in and out of STL a lot and am hankering for this!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
...DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched).
So is this suggesting that the scheduled 4x daily E75 will be increased to 6x daily flights AND JFK will be increased to 2x daily flights (probably still both CR7 or CR9)? I would actually be pretty shocked if they increased LGA already.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Live update from Lambert this AM....

A10 is just a holding gate for DL overflow aircraft

FL is now using C18 and C24 for flights....so it appears we now have two concourses that are virtually deserted; B and D.

A319's are now being used on some routes to DTW, MSP and SLC. Not exactly new news but figured I'd point out how they've added capacity to various hubs in the past few months. MEM is still all RJs (I believe all E45's operated by Chataq now).

And, yes, that's what I was told about increased NYC-area service.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond
MEM is still all RJs (I believe all E45's operated by Chataq now).
MEM gets CRJ-900s in September. By the looks of it....2 of the 3 flights are CRJ-900s on STL-MEM but only 1 of the 3 flights is a CRJ-900 on MEM-STL
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:54 am

Where in A Terminal is this old club? I'm having difficulty imagining a spot big enough for Eastern to have had a club, and an issue of Kiplinger's from 1987 listing all of the airline clubs doesn't list an Ionosphere Club in St. Louis.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZQU...uis%22&f=false

All of that said, though, a SkyClub in St. Louis would be a welcome addition.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I've flown on DL (and WN) at STL a few times recently.

DL's terminal (A, I believe) is a disgusting dump. Certainly not blaming DL for this. It would be nice to see STL upgrade a couple of those mothballed terminals to provide a better experience for passengers. WN's terminal is okay: at least has a couple of places to eat.

Happy to see DL add service to STL. Agree with the comments that LAX service would be a plus. Not sure it would be profitable, but it would be nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.