FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL adding service in STL in late Fall ‘10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1098195-dl-adding-service-stl-late-fall-10-a.html)

hockeystl Jun 22, 2010 11:22 am

DL adding service in STL in late Fall ‘10

I don’t recall this being discussed but if it has, my apologies in advance and mods please delete

-----------------

On the heels of the recent DEQM and 5/10k bonus promotion, DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched). In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that AS will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.

None of this has been made official but the 411 comes from one of my trusted DL sources.

Could a STL SkyClub be in the works? Hmmmm.

It’s (FINALLY!) a good time to be STL-based.

mersk862 Jun 22, 2010 11:24 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl (Post 14176529)
In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that Alaska will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.

SEA-STL will most likely be codeshared with Alaska - Delta will simply put its code on this flight.

hockeystl Jun 22, 2010 11:35 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 14176540)
SEA-STL will most likely be codeshared with Alaska - Delta will simply put its code on this flight.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Shows you how much experience I have with AS. :D

hockeystl Jul 3, 2010 12:00 am

Heard some more rumors this week that DL is looking at converting the old EA lounge in the A terminal at Lambert. STL can't be a true focus city without a SC. C'Mon Delta!

mersk862 Jul 3, 2010 12:09 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl (Post 14236629)
Heard some more rumors this week that DL is looking at converting the old EA lounge in the A terminal at Lambert. STL can't be a true focus city without a SC. C'Mon Delta!

Would be good...especially with STL having 34 flights (31 of which have F) in the fall schedule on Delta metal, plus the AS flight.

Dawgfan6291 Jul 3, 2010 12:10 am

I don’t recall this being discussed but if it has, my apologies in advance and mods please delete

-----------------

On the heels of the recent DEQM and 5/10k bonus promotion, DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched). In addition, I was told STL-SEA will also be added…..i find this curious given the recent announcement that AS will be entering this market with NS flights to Seatac. Rumor has it the additions will be effective this November.

None of this has been made official but the 411 comes from one of my trusted DL sources.

Could a STL SkyClub be in the works? Hmmmm.

It’s (FINALLY!) a good time to be STL-based.

the only west coast route that STL would likely get at this point (on DL planes) is LAX.

troyintn Jul 3, 2010 7:00 am

That would be nice.

Crazyhotelguy Jul 4, 2010 2:21 pm

It would be nicer to see DL move to C/D and add a SC there.

hockeystl Jul 4, 2010 2:25 pm

Looks like ATran moved to C

Also saw DL using A10 yesterday. Been a while since I've seen them parking there...or maybe I just havent noticed.

travelingsalesgal Jul 4, 2010 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14242762)
It would be nicer to see DL move to C/D and add a SC there.

This would be perfect. I'm in and out of STL a lot and am hankering for this! :D

steex Jul 4, 2010 9:34 pm

...DL will soon be announcing increased service from STL to LGA (2x daily) and JFK (adding 1x to current sched).

So is this suggesting that the scheduled 4x daily E75 will be increased to 6x daily flights AND JFK will be increased to 2x daily flights (probably still both CR7 or CR9)? I would actually be pretty shocked if they increased LGA already.

hockeystl Jul 5, 2010 8:26 am

Live update from Lambert this AM....

A10 is just a holding gate for DL overflow aircraft

FL is now using C18 and C24 for flights....so it appears we now have two concourses that are virtually deserted; B and D.

A319's are now being used on some routes to DTW, MSP and SLC. Not exactly new news but figured I'd point out how they've added capacity to various hubs in the past few months. MEM is still all RJs (I believe all E45's operated by Chataq now).

And, yes, that's what I was told about increased NYC-area service.

Every1 Get A Life Jul 5, 2010 8:43 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl (Post 14245479)
MEM is still all RJs (I believe all E45's operated by Chataq now).

MEM gets CRJ-900s in September. By the looks of it....2 of the 3 flights are CRJ-900s on STL-MEM but only 1 of the 3 flights is a CRJ-900 on MEM-STL

DCAview Jul 6, 2010 9:54 am

Where in A Terminal is this old club? I'm having difficulty imagining a spot big enough for Eastern to have had a club, and an issue of Kiplinger's from 1987 listing all of the airline clubs doesn't list an Ionosphere Club in St. Louis.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZQU...uis%22&f=false

All of that said, though, a SkyClub in St. Louis would be a welcome addition.

SOBE ER DOC Jul 6, 2010 11:16 pm

I've flown on DL (and WN) at STL a few times recently.

DL's terminal (A, I believe) is a disgusting dump. Certainly not blaming DL for this. It would be nice to see STL upgrade a couple of those mothballed terminals to provide a better experience for passengers. WN's terminal is okay: at least has a couple of places to eat.

Happy to see DL add service to STL. Agree with the comments that LAX service would be a plus. Not sure it would be profitable, but it would be nice.