Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rubenj
This is an awesome DO. I wish Continental had something like this!
I believe they did one or two years ago, IIRC.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Italy98
Mrs. Italy and I will be arriving on the 19th, and have extended our reservation @ the Hilton. With the Dovster receiving two honorary degrees we felt he should have a cheering section to support him across the dais.
I look forward to seeing you there.

As it turns out, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice has decided to give me a degree as well.

That will be a third degree.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mersk862
I want to announce some festivities for Wednesday evening before the DO officially kicks off the next morning.
I'm currently scheduled to arrive in Atlanta at 10 PM, so I probably won't be able to make the early festivities. However, if I get to leave early at least I won't need to be on the TSA list to clear security as my MDW-ATL boarding pass should be sufficient
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
I look forward to seeing you there.

As it turns out, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice has decided to give me a degree as well.

That will be a third degree.
What crime are you charged with to receive the third degree?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by rubenj
This is an awesome DO. I wish Continental had something like this!
Actually, they "kind of" do! Of course the DO activities are a bit different, but they are quite adventurous, diverse, and comprehensive. CO is the sponsoring airline of the SMDO II, take a look at the first page of the thread, and you will see a sampling.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Italy98
I believe they did one or two years ago, IIRC.
Continental has hosted four such events, most recently in February, 2009. Here are some pictures from the last one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post12809645

These were taken in a 757 in FlyerTalk party configuration over Texas.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by atldlff
All I can tell you is don't try any Shenanigans, to get on, or clear any waitlist using a SWU, waiving your Diamond card, or Award and Companion upgrades at this event.
Can we read something into the fact that you chose not to proscribe DYNWIA cards?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Looks like my 5:30AM PVD-ATL has been pushed back to 7:00AM... therefore, my expected arrival should be around 10, which I think should be plenty early to still get a head start on the activities...
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Important Information - Read Me!

Gooooood Morning Everyone (Afternoon Dovster)- I have put together the following instructions for tomorrow. Please note that the Delta Simulator agenda item will not be active until tomorrow at noon Eastern. However, feel free to use this time to make sure you can get into your account and see your current agenda and even consider adding the dinner events to your agenda if you haven't already done so. This will ensure that you will not have issues tomorrow with the limited spaces available.

If you have problems please do not send me a PM. Please send all requests/problems/issues to [email protected]. I will accept small bottles of Jack in person at the event in October as well :-)

Here are your step by step instructions on updating your agenda to include a simulator time in a Delta Boeing 767 or 777 simulator !
  1. Go to http://www.regonline.com/ATLDO and click on the "Already Registered"
  2. Enter the e-mail address you registered with along with the password you chose during registration.
    • If you have issues with your password please click the password reset button and follow the instructions.
    • If you still have issues please e-mail [email protected] to have your password reset manually.
  3. Once your profile loads click "Agenda"
  4. On the agenda profile scroll through and be sure to select any event you are interested in.
    • Don't forget to include the dinner and lunch options.
    • Events that are full will have a waitlist. Even if the event is full select the waitlist if you are interested. Additional spots may become available.
    • If you waitlist a Road Warrior session that is full you will be automatically charged if a spot becomes available.
  5. Click "Continue" at the bottom.
  6. You will be sent back to the profile screen. BE SURE TO CLICK "FINALIZE" to save your changes.
    • If you have additional people registered be sure to update their agenda as well with steps 3-5

Last edited by WesNSpace; Aug 20, 2010 at 10:28 am
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:52 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atldlff
Well, Canarsie is on the left coast, and he is in charge of announcements...
That is correct...

...and I do not intend to post any announcements from my little Apple iPod, so any announcements that may need to be made will have to wait until Monday.

That is all.

Remember that registration for the flight simulators is tomorrow, in case anyone forgot...

I do not want to type much more or I will wear out my finger, although I probably do not need to worry about someone giving me the finger...
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Gooooood Morning Everyone (Afternoon Dovster)- I have put together the following instructions for tomorrow. Please note that the Delta Simulator agenda item will not be active until tomorrow at noon Eastern.

Goooooood Morning backatcha! (bacteria for Canarsie but I digress....)

I note the sign-up is Noon EST tomorrow.

I've done some fairly sophisticated mathematical calculations concerning the speed of light, the physical rotation of the earth and the absolute value of pi.

I won't bore you with the scientific details but I have determined that those of us here on the Left Coast, approximately 2000 miles from the netbook server, will take about 1 more second to log-in than those who may be located in the EST zone.*

I'd therefore like to respectfully request that those of us out here in LaLa Land be allowed to log-in at 11:59:59 AM EST tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be an approval of this request.

* In case Dovster decides to claim he too is very distant from the server, I've determined that those located east of the server actually have a slight edge over others due to the rotation of the earth.

Last edited by Cholula; Aug 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Gooooood Morning Everyone (Afternoon Dovster)- I have put together the following instructions for tomorrow. Please note that the Delta Simulator agenda item will not be active until tomorrow at noon Eastern. However, feel free to use this time to make sure you can get into your account and see your current agenda and even consider adding the dinner events to your agenda if you haven't already done so. This will ensure that you will not have issues tomorrow with the limited spaces available.. . . snip . . .
Originally Posted by Cholula
Goooooood Morning backatcha! (bacteria for Canarsie but I digress....)

I note the sign-up is 9 AM EST tomorrow.

I've down some fairly sophisticated mathematical calculations concerning the speed of light, the physical rotation of the earth and the absolute value of pi.

I won't bore you with the scientific details but I have determined that those of us here on the Left Coast, approximately 2000 miles from the netbook server, will take about 1 more second to log-in than those who may be located in the EST zone.*

I'd therefore like to respectfully request that those of us out here in LaLa Land be allowed to log-in at 8:59:59 AM EST tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be an approval of this request.

* In case Dovster decides to claim he too is very distant from the server, I've determined that those located east of the server actually have a slight edge over others due to the rotation of the earth.
Please note that the Delta Simulator agenda item will not be active until tomorrow at noon Eastern. or 9 AM PDT.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I don't arrive into ATL until after 10 PM Wed. I'll miss the airport socials, but hope to have a drink or two at the Hilton. Knowing my luck they'll close the bar right before I check in......
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula

The earth rotates?

When you and I went to school they told us that the sun and the moon circle the earth.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I don't arrive into ATL until after 10 PM Wed. I'll miss the airport socials, but hope to have a drink or two at the Hilton. Knowing my luck they'll close the bar right before I check in......
We will keep the bar open and save a spot for you, somewhere . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.