Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by atldlff
... Shirts, More Shirts, Memos about the Shirts, more Memos about the Shirts, Did I mention Shirts? (47 shirt memos this week alone – trust me I am not making that up). Thanks SezWho – Great Job on the shirts! You should see the proof of the event T-shirt – VERY COOL SHIRT! If I get time I will post the JPEG. Never mind, let’s make it a surprise. BTW, the nine boxes of shirts arrived today, the embroidered shirts look fantastic! I have enough shirts now to open a store!

What else….

I have come to learn that only an insane man, would sign up to do lead this event more than once.
YGPM about shirts.

Even an insane man wouldn't sign up to lead this event more than once. It's the leading that causes the insanity. But we really do appreciate all that you, Canarsie & WesNSpace have been doing to make this a fantastic event. Can't wait for the Best. Field. Trip. Ever.

Oh, and have you thought about next year? Maybe we could add....

Sorry - might be a bit too early.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:10 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
BTW, the nine boxes of shirts arrived today, the embroidered shirts look fantastic! I have enough shirts now to open a store!

[/B]
I'd be willing to swing by to get the shirts and have them all cleaned and pressed for the event - my local cleaner is only $.80 each. Would this work?

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by rubesl
How/where/what time will registration be Thursday morning? In the lobby? Will there be any registration set up Wed. night?
I'm not sure exactly what hours, but we will have registration hours Wednesday evening for early arrivals or those who want to sleep a bit later Thursday AM.

Signs will be in the Hilton lobby directing you to our registration desk. Or just follow the crowd of yellow FT tags! (Everyone does have FT tags for your bags, right?)
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I'd be willing to swing by to get the shirts and have them all cleaned and pressed for the event - my local cleaner is only $.80 each. Would this work?

Tom
What a great idea. Otherwise they will be with lots of folds and creases.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by scoow
I'm not sure exactly what hours, but we will have registration hours Wednesday evening for early arrivals or those who want to sleep a bit later Thursday AM.
Does that mean you will not be attending the pre-DO drinks & dinner?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
FLL-ATL in 6C

As far as staying in the Hilton, I am staying there for two nights, and will take advantage of the MQM's promo. However, I am staying the other four nights which I will be in ATL at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, which is all of 2/10th of a mile from the Hilton Atlanta Airport. I trust that I will be able to join revelries going on in the Hilton Bar without actually staying in the hotel for all of the nights. So, why would I miss out on any of the fun?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
(It would also be helpful if you could suggest an amount for the contribution, as that would save me even having to consider that.)
I'm going to contribute 70 shekels per person unless the suggested amount is higher.

Originally Posted by scoow
I read somewhere earlier in this thread that the registration desk will be open at 4 AM Thursday to greet early arrivals and to provide coffee and hot towels.

I need to go back and see if what I read was accurate or perhaps a figment of my vivid imagination.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Cholula
I'm going to contribute 70 shekels per person unless the suggested amount is higher.
What's the current exchange rate for a shekel?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Per www.xe.com, at 10:30 AM EST, 1.00 ILS = 0.279729 USD.

ILS = Israel New Shekel
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Originally Posted by USirritated
Per www.xe.com, at 10:30 AM EST, 1.00 ILS = 0.279729 USD.

ILS = Israel New Shekel
Per the cited website, this converts to $19.58 USD at the current momentary rate.

Perhaps we should use the IMF Special Drawing Rate -- XDR ? Then it would be 12.39 XDR.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
... our Lovely Ladies of Registration that are about to kick into action, so the entire support system will be in full swing soon!
I like the term Goddesses of Registration

Originally Posted by MachOne
So a spot of Woodford is OK?

MO
You bet :-)
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't mind giving 70 shekels but where are they going to find a restaurant in Atlanta that will accept them?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
I don't mind giving 70 shekels but where are they going to find a restaurant in Atlanta that will accept them?

Maybe they will take SkyPesos.

Of course you need a U-Haul van to get them over to the restaurant.

MO
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Arrow Official Event Guide is Now Available for Download

Each attendee of this event will receive a professionally printed official event guide, suitable for information as well as for a memento and keepsake of the event.

However, if you would like a copy of the official event guide before arriving in Atlanta or at any time, please click here. This is a lower-resolution copy that you may print.

This event guide is also available at the official Internet web site of the 2010 Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event.

I have just completed creating the maps, which are detailed and to scale, and they will also be professionally printed, suitable as a memento and keepsake for each attendee of the event. They are designed and formatted to slip into your badge holder along with your agenda to be conveniently available to you at all times for the duration of the event.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
However, if you would like a copy of the official event guide before arriving in Atlanta or at any time, please click here. This is a lower-resolution copy that you may print.

VERY nicely done!! I saved it as a .pdf file rather than print it and transferred it over to my iPhone via Dropbox.

That's a honking big file at nearly 20 MB's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.