Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
I could look it up for an exact figure but I believe it was 44,918 MQM's. It was enough to give me a jump on DM a month before projected.
So basically gold status on one trip. Not bad.

Price?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by ftv
That's not true. Open jaws are permitted so stop YELLING AT ME!
It is true. Open jaws still had to start and end in the same city under the original T&C.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ULDB65
Just an FYI- I had some irops that affected my international spoke cities bonus, including getting booked onto a different carrier to a different city, so emailed Kevin, and got his out-of-office reply. Per his email, I tried Andrea, and she did a fantastic job, figuring out what should have happened and getting all the credits and bonuses completely right within a day or two. So while many have praised Kevin, my experience with Andrea could not have been better.
Laura was also fantastic. Very quick and professional!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, AA
We just returned from a Friday thru Sunday run: STL-JFK-SLC-ATL-SLC-JFK-STL. Great trip, with upgrades on all segments for me, signicant other received 5 of 6 upgrades. No weather delays, only one equipment delay (maybe 20 minutes, with time made up once we were airborne).

We flew down to STL from MSP the day before, then back to MSP today, using a separate ticket. The first day mileage with 2XMQM was posted the next next day; still waiting for the others to show. I'm hoping that there will be no problems as this does appear to be out and back.

Thank you to all for giving me the courage to try this!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
ianturner

Also, here is the wiki page for many questions already asked about this: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...ies_Bonus_2010
the wiki page is very good. thanks to the author. but it doesn't address the new route bonus in conjunction with the promo. can anyone provide definitive answer to that, from experience? does one also get full new route bonus (e.g. DTW-PVG/HKG/ICN segments).
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by semp65
We just returned from a Friday thru Sunday run: STL-JFK-SLC-ATL-SLC-JFK-STL. Great trip, with upgrades on all segments for me, signicant other received 5 of 6 upgrades. No weather delays, only one equipment delay (maybe 20 minutes, with time made up once we were airborne).

We flew down to STL from MSP the day before, then back to MSP today, using a separate ticket. The first day mileage with 2XMQM was posted the next next day; still waiting for the others to show. I'm hoping that there will be no problems as this does appear to be out and back.

MQMs for MSP-STL showed up normally as well, I take it. Hope there's no audit followed up by disappearing miles. Not trying to scare you.. remember reading somewhere that has happened to someone here.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyersky1
Laura was also fantastic. Very quick and professional!
I would rather not send Kevin a "dummy" email just to get Laura's email address. Can someone PM it to me? Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by worldexpress
the wiki page is very good. thanks to the author. but it doesn't address the new route bonus in conjunction with the promo. can anyone provide definitive answer to that, from experience? does one also get full new route bonus (e.g. DTW-PVG/HKG/ICN segments).
I've probably asked this about five times. Early answers were either/or. A recent poster said (s)he got both. So, who the heck knows?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
So basically gold status on one trip. Not bad.

Price?
Is it possible to make PM on one of these MR promos? I guess it so, if you would add enough segments to your trip.

what is the most MQM's anyone has gotten out of one itin?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by worldexpress
MQMs for MSP-STL showed up normally as well, I take it. Hope there's no audit followed up by disappearing miles. Not trying to scare you.. remember reading somewhere that has happened to someone here.
Yeah, I got hit and my miles were stripped but semp65 did something different. There was an overnight in the 2X city before the MR, which I didn't do.

Now it will be interesting to see if semp65 gets the full miles posted if there was not an overnight in STL before returning to MSP. It is possible DL will see this as a 'nesting' flt. I have one like this coming up in a couple weeks and have no idea how DL will post it.

BTW, a quick email to KP and it was resolved in literally only a few minutes.

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I've probably asked this about five times. Early answers were either/or. A recent poster said (s)he got both. So, who the heck knows?
I said I got both but my other bonus was JFK-LAX, not the DTW intls that you have been looking at. Don't recall anyone responding to that yet.

BTW, sent you a PM about the KP alternative emails.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I am flying from Mke to stl on Friday, spending the night, then doing a stl-atl-den-slc-san-slc-stl , then back home Sunday from stl. I don't consider this nesting.

Last edited by MR_MAMA; Sep 6, 2010 at 5:55 pm
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
BTW, sent you a PM about the KP alternative emails.
Got it. Thanks so much.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: PE on UA, PM on DL, Plat on AA
Combo miles valid?

I have been following this thread with interest and have a question. As part of the T&C for the double MQM promotion, it states "This offer cannot be combined with any other Delta/SkyTeam offers.' I have some STL-based round trips scheduled for later this month, and have also registered for the double miles Alaska/Delta promotion and the Bounceback promotion (use miles, then get double or triple miles when making Amex purchases). Do any of these promotions cancel themselves out? Am I "illegally"combining promotions by registering for the promotions that they publish? Anyone with experience on this subject? Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by oregon8116
I have been following this thread with interest and have a question. As part of the T&C for the double MQM promotion, it states "This offer cannot be combined with any other Delta/SkyTeam offers.' I have some STL-based round trips scheduled for later this month, and have also registered for the double miles Alaska/Delta promotion and the Bounceback promotion (use miles, then get double or triple miles when making Amex purchases). Do any of these promotions cancel themselves out? Am I "illegally"combining promotions by registering for the promotions that they publish? Anyone with experience on this subject? Thanks in advance for your comments.
No problem registering for more than one. I think the issue is that if more than one applies, you may be forced to choose which one you want to take for that trip. You may luck out and get them all applied, in which case, please don't tell anyone, lest DL IT fix it. If you get only one and it's not the one you want, contact Kevin and ask for the right one to be applied.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by daburgh2010
Been reading FT for a little while now and needed to post. So here is my first question!
Originally Posted by semp65

Welcome to FT, daburgh2010 and semp65. ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.