FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096718-various-spoke-cities-double-mqm-up-50-000-bonus-miles-per-round-trip.html)

debbieb Aug 3, 2010 5:12 pm

Got an e-mail from US for double miles for the rest of the year for PIT. They didn't match Delta's bonus miles. Good for flights booked 8/3 and after, flying 8/10 or after. Too bad I suffered through a 3 hour mechanical delay with them yesterday, will not even get the double miles (although it was only PIT-CLT-RIC).

DLBosPvdFF Aug 3, 2010 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by debbieb (Post 14417250)
Got an e-mail from US for double miles for the rest of the year for PIT. They didn't match Delta's bonus miles. Good for flights booked 8/3 and after, flying 8/10 or after. Too bad I suffered through a 3 hour mechanical delay with them yesterday, will not even get the double miles (although it was only PIT-CLT-RIC).

I got the same offer for flights to and from BOS. Interestingly, and more importantly, the offers also include double preferred qualifying miles, and are for flights through the end of the year (12/31).

There is a thread on the US board with more details.

I can understand the PIT offer because of the Delta promo, but how about BOS? Is US making a play for Delta or some other airline's elites here?

Anyone have thoughts on whether Delta would match or respond in someway to the US BOS promo?

iggyray Aug 4, 2010 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions (Post 14176403)
I hope this clears up these open issues - and again apologize for any confusion.

Kevin

Actually your customer desk that is answering emails (I think these are Mumbai people, but I might be wrong) is unaware of anything and keeps sending me bunch of templates instead of actually reading my question.

I asked them whether my flight from RDU to TLV would qualify, and they've been saying "no, since this should be a direct flight". Then I asked them to show me "over 70 international destinations" out of RDU that are mentioned in the promo, and they started repeating their previous answer that it has to be a direct flight without even trying to read the question in the email. My email thread with them is now over 14 emails, I just want a written confirmation. Every representative that picks it up does not care to read the question and sends a random template.

Your phone representatives however are very proactive, and actually contacted the promo department (unlike the email support team). I have a verbal confirmation that my flight from RDU to TLV would qualify even though there is a connection either in JFK or ATL.

How can I get a written confirmation before I purchase the tickets, and is there any compensation for time spent and frustration with email support team? I can forward the whole email thread to you if you like.

EJ8 Aug 4, 2010 6:55 am

I have an eligibility question for Kevin or anyone here that understands this better than I do. Will I get double MQM credit for any or all of this?

DL5220: BNA-ATL, F class
DL8517 (operated by AF): ATL-CDG, I class
DL8461 (operated by AF): CDG-BLR, I class
JetAirways 2326: BLR-DEL, P class
DL8438 (operated by KLM): DEL-AMS, C class
DL9374 (operated by KLM): AMS-ATL, C class
DL3666: ATL-BLR, F class

I can't seem to find any flights that run these international routes that are DL flights and not codeshares operated by another airline. Will these flights not qualify?

Seat1A Aug 4, 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by DLBosPvdFF (Post 14418430)
I got the same offer for flights to and from BOS. Interestingly, and more importantly, the offers also include double preferred qualifying miles, and are for flights through the end of the year (12/31).

my US-flying coworkers are pretty excited about that one.. another year of 60k chairman's for the folks around here.. at least i picked up another LGA daytrip for a quick 3000 MQM tomorrow...

c'mon delta, let's feel the love in boston! :-)

yashan Aug 4, 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by EJ8 (Post 14420025)
I have an eligibility question for Kevin or anyone here that understands this better than I do. Will I get double MQM credit for any or all of this?

I can't seem to find any flights that run these international routes that are DL flights and not codeshares operated by another airline. Will these flights not qualify?

My thoughts as someone who has been following this thread...

You will only get 5000 bonus miles for bonus city to hub travel because all your other flights are Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta and thus excluded from the promo.

You probably mistyped it but does DL3666 return you back to BNA? If not, you aren't even doing a RT and will only get 2500 bonus miles.

You will get the Class of Service bonus in the double MQM though.

HTH. :cool:

jrl767 Aug 4, 2010 9:05 am

Originally Posted by mot29 (Post 14413695)
You might want to see if the STL-LIM is available for any weekends you can spare. It was $398 all in and could be done with an immediate turn in LIM.
tom

what if any visa requirements are there for LIM?

JFKSFOLAX_friend Aug 4, 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by EJ8 (Post 14420025)

I have been following this thread the entire time. I think (though in no way will I say "I know") that if trip is part of one itinerary (one record locator/ticket) that it would qualify for the international bonus of 25K and DEQM for the DL-only portion but you wouldn't get DEQMs for the non-DL portions (as long as the itinerary is in/out of BNA). Again, just a guess....

mot29 Aug 4, 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by jrl22 (Post 14420852)
what if any visa requirements are there for LIM?

no visa for a US passport for stays up to 90 days

http://www.peruvianembassy.us/do.php?p=102

DaddyRabbit Aug 4, 2010 9:37 am

Double MQMs

Originally Posted by GobBluth10 (Post 14151185)
Just got an email a minute ago and registered--anyone else get it from other cities?

You’ve successfully registered to earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—plus generous mileage bonuses—for round-trip Delta flights out of Nashville through December 31, 2010:

Earn 5,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs when you fly to Delta hub cities—Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis, New York/JFK and Salt Lake City
Earn 10,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for flights to all other cities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean—over 350 to choose from
Earn 25,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in Economy Class to over 70 countries
Earn 50,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in BusinessElite®

If one leaves from one of the designated cities via a connection, does one get the double MQMs, or only if one originates at one of the cities?

mtkeller Aug 4, 2010 9:43 am

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 14421082)
If one leaves from one of the designated cities via a connection, does one get the double MQMs, or only if one originates at one of the cities?

You mean flying XXX-BNA-YYY on a single PNR? Pretty sure the T&C rule that out by requiring that travel originate/terminate in one of the four designated cities. However, with DL IT, someone could get lucky and get the bonus.

travelingsalesgal Aug 4, 2010 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 14421125)
You mean flying XXX-BNA-YYY on a single PNR? Pretty sure the T&C rule that out by requiring that travel originate/terminate in one of the four designated cities. However, with DL IT, someone could get lucky and get the bonus.

I think this is what happened to me. I'm totally confused here. I registered for this bonus a while ago but STL is not my hub, OMA is. Anyway, I had an OMA-MSP-STL and STL-MSP-OMA return a month or so ago, and did the OMA-MSP-STL run again yesterday. Logged into my account today and I have the 5K miles (1K of which are MQM)... So either I misunderstood it, or any time I come back to STL I get the bonus? I'm flying back to STL again Monday, so then I get another bonus? I'm not complaining, just trying to understand!

Edited: oh right, I just re-read your comment about it terminating in that city.. So that would make more sense.

jrl767 Aug 4, 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by mot29 (Post 14421046)
no visa for a US passport for stays up to 90 days

http://www.peruvianembassy.us/do.php?p=102

thx mot29 ... unfortunately looks like that $400 (+/-) fare from STL is gone for later this month and early Sep, but I may have other opportunities before/after business travel the rest of the year ... sounds like some late-night research coming up ...

yohanson Aug 4, 2010 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal (Post 14422645)
I think this is what happened to me. I'm totally confused here. I registered for this bonus a while ago but STL is not my hub, OMA is. Anyway, I had an OMA-MSP-STL and STL-MSP-OMA return a month or so ago, and did the OMA-MSP-STL run again yesterday. Logged into my account today and I have the 5K miles (1K of which are MQM)... So either I misunderstood it, or any time I come back to STL I get the bonus? I'm flying back to STL again Monday, so then I get another bonus? I'm not complaining, just trying to understand!

Edited: oh right, I just re-read your comment about it terminating in that city.. So that would make more sense.

I signed up for the STL promo while waiting to get on my flight home to MSP from STL. Not only did I get that bonus for my flight home, I have gotten it for every single flight I've taken to and from STL since.

travelingsalesgal Aug 5, 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by yohanson (Post 14425845)
I signed up for the STL promo while waiting to get on my flight home to MSP from STL. Not only did I get that bonus for my flight home, I have gotten it for every single flight I've taken to and from STL since.

Interesting.. Hope I get this tomorrow on my STL-MSP-OMA hop home!:D