Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking / Award search engine updated [18 May]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: Foodland Maika'i Plastic Card, DL GM when it meant something
And BOS-CDG at yellow level is still pricing out at 130K r/t in Y.

Smoke and fluff, indeed.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Been tracking an award that was available yesterday via multi-city. Rechecked all segments again this morning and still are there. Go to build it via muti-city and am getting that pesky message.

We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights.

Will keep trying it.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Does Delta.com still shows KLM flights? what airline does it still show beside AF/DL?
Old May 18, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by amtrakusa
Does Delta.com still shows KLM flights?
Maybe

Last edited by Blank Sheet; May 18, 2010 at 6:11 am Reason: having trouble pulling KLM now
Old May 18, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Does delta.com still show KLM flights? What other airline does it show beside DL/AF/AS?
Old May 18, 2010, 6:45 am

Availability of low price awards on some routes have improved!

I have been running some mock award reservations since the release of the WSJ article and have noticed that a few days after the story broke the availability of low price international awards have increased significantly.

The increase in availability seems to extend six months into the future but not beyond...

I tested the new award reservation system today and they are still there - good job Delta - hope it continues
Old May 18, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Interface has changed slightly; suckiness of award inventory remains intact.

Desired award flight: IAD-AMS in C; 6/16 departure, 6/30 return. Would have been a lead-pipe cinch on NWA.COM, and which would have also included AF and KL inventory.

DL's meager offerings (and only DL flights appear; I guess Skyteam exists only in theory and not in practice) range from a low of 150k with a 7-hour layover in JFK, to a high of 225k connecting in ATL. In between are mostly flights where the first leg is in Y, to include one via MSP with another 7 hour layover. Gee, how about a direct KL flight, or AF via CDG?

I hope there wasn't a lot of effort put into this; the results don't reflect it.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looks to me like a GUI change only for the award system. Not noticing any difference in the random/screwy behavior of what it returns for flights and mileage.

Last edited by rylan; May 18, 2010 at 7:11 am Reason: edited to clarify comment is about award system
Old May 18, 2010, 6:51 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
We want to jump into the conversation quickly here to verify that our changes from last night are online. This thread is being reviewed for your feedback along with the existing award calendar topics.

As we move forward in the process of improving delta.com, you should notice more changes and we will continue to monitor your comments. This is just the first of many steps toward improving the selection of SkyMiles award tickets on delta.com that will continue throughout the year.

Thank you in advance for the many comments we will be reviewing over the coming weeks.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Just tried to check MCO-ATL for 8/13 departure, 8/16 return....all the flights are 40k coach & 80k first across the board....
Old May 18, 2010, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We want to jump into the conversation quickly here to verify that our changes from last night are online. This thread is being reviewed for your feedback along with the existing award calendar topics.

As we move forward in the process of improving delta.com, you should notice more changes and we will continue to monitor your comments. This is just the first of many steps toward improving the selection of SkyMiles award tickets on delta.com that will continue throughout the year.

Thank you in advance for the many comments we will be reviewing over the coming weeks.
SMI/Delta:

As far as availability regarding award redemptions go, I cant honestly comment on that aspect of the changes. However, I do like the fact that you can perform the award search right from Delta's home page. Very much in tune with CO, AA and others. Great job with that.

However, there are some other very noticeable changes that I personally like. Such as, when you click on the 'GO' link when booking a flight, it displays the search parameters, such as the airports and dates of travel desired. Very nicely done.

Lieu
Old May 18, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I was hoping the new interface would show miles required by segment for multi-city award ticketing, but it doesnt. I REALLY hope Delta adds this simple feature so you dont have to try hundreds of combinations, trial by error, to find low level tickets.
^
Old May 18, 2010, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Award engine aside, I like some of the changes to the booking engine. Highlights for class being different than requested is nice, as well as the sort functions. Seems to be a little faster/more responsive as well.

Would love to see a book by price+schedule feature. Thats one big complaint I've had with the booking system, since if you need specific times you have no clue what the fare will be until you select the flights... and then its trial and error to find ones that are better priced. Book by price only gives a partial list of flights that starts in the morning and goes until it hits whatever the limit is (20 flts? ) and seems to ignore whatever you put in for times.

And, it is frustrating when the booking engine only shows one or two flights for a return leg, when I KNOW there are dozens of combinations and can only get them to appear if I book by schedule or select a fare bucket.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta, United
Tried SLC->MNL. First time calendar showed only one low date for outbound in Feb. Next time showed two (no precision). Return was medium so should have been 90k for a coach ticket came as 120k (not accurate). Hit start over, pax count went from 2 back to 1. Flexible dates was uncheck (was previously checked).

Decided to check SFO->MNL for same dates, 105k miles with outbound low and return as high (not accurate). Change dates so low out, medium return saw 90k (accurate). Added in the SLC portion via multi-city to force going through SFO for same dates came back as 120k due to poor availability of SLC->SFO.

Change SFO outbound to the night before and then changed the return to later in the day and was able to get a medium award SLC->SFO>NRT->MNL and reverse. Medium award at 90k

More comments. Original SLC->MNL showed multiple routings two and three leg routings through Detroit, Minn, Atl, PDX, but none through SFO. Calendar still does not check all of the major hubs.

Prognosis - no better than before.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; May 18, 2010 at 8:02 am
Old May 18, 2010, 7:26 am

FWIW, I was just able to pull up a KL intra-europe flight LHR-AMS, so it does appear their metal is still bookable on delta.com. I haven't found anything on the TATL, but KL availability there has never been steller, so I can't dismiss the possibility delta.com can still show it but there is nothing there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.