Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PU503's Just Showed Up / Delta E-Mail on SWU's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PU503's Just Showed Up / Delta E-Mail on SWU's

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CloudyBay
My email says mine expire on Aug 1, 2010 instead of the paper cert saying Feb 28, 2011.
I called Platinum line and was on hold for a long time while a very nice gentleman tried to resolve it. He ultimately told me to email delta thru the website and wait for a reply in 5-7 working days.
Sounds like a big "electronic" mistake that they will have to resolve with good old fashioned "man-power".
Mine expire in a few weeks. Great job Delta!
Old May 15, 2010, 1:32 am

My electronic ones expire in November 2010, which coincides with one year from when I hit PM. The purely non-scientific method of matching up some of the expiration dates people mentioned with their current status (i.e. if you've said your eCerts expire today or next month and your profile on FT says DM meaning you achieved PM early in the year) leads me to think that the electronic system is setting the eCerts to expire one year from the day status was achieved rather than at the end of the qualification year in Feb 2011.

Just my observation. I almost always fly sLUT fares anyway, the expiration date is moot to me personally.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Medallion desk says that expiration date is wrong and they'll be honored until the original expiration date on the paper certs. Insert some vague details about a fix possibly in the works for the way they're showing up. Wonder what'll happen when I try to redeem one after July when the electronic ones "expire"...
Old May 15, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
Wonder what'll happen when I try to redeem one after July when the electronic ones "expire"...
You mean those things are redeemable? Could have fooled me! I have tried unsuccessfully to use a PMU on a full-fare coach ticket 5 times now (3 times domestically!!).
Old May 15, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by javabytes
Medallion desk says that expiration date is wrong and they'll be honored until the original expiration date on the paper certs. Insert some vague details about a fix possibly in the works for the way they're showing up. Wonder what'll happen when I try to redeem one after July when the electronic ones "expire"...
Be sure to print out\record the certs as they may disappear from the system when they expire.
Old May 15, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Charter DM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Choice Privileges Diamond, Sky Club, Starbucks Charter Gold
Same here. Have certs that expire in Feb 2011 and yet these new ones expire August 2010. You know, I've been a very loyal customer for a number of years, but these repeated missteps are starting to wear on that. Who in the heck does their system QA checks?
Old May 15, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by stardal
Same here. Have certs that expire in Feb 2011 and yet these new ones expire August 2010. You know, I've been a very loyal customer for a number of years, but these repeated missteps are starting to wear on that. Who in the heck does their system QA checks?
Perhaps this is one of the new tools that were described as:

"...changes will be gradual and will continue over a series of monthly production loads that will allow us for continuous, phased improvement and also allow for the various quality assurance testing steps that need to be taken prior to moving functionality from a test environment into a live production environment."

... phased improvement

... various quality assurance testing steps

DL management's concept of "quality assurance testing" appears to be "dump this in the customers' laps and lets see what they say..."

How can one organization continue shooting itself in the foot so frequently, and not find the motivation to straighten up its act?
Old May 15, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I received the e-mail with 6 certificates that expire in 11/2010. From this thread, it is apparently a fouled-up, inept implementation of -- something -- by Delta. They use "careful quality testing" as a reason not to act and then this is what results when they do act.

The overriding problem is that airline employees have no concept of how a frequent flyer award program actually works day to day with the user. At best, they have to interview others to try to figure it out. Airline employees use their own company's service as a bartered benefit, so they don't know how the paying passenger interacts with it either.

What are needed here are some letter codes in a separate column the little tables they put in the e-mail. The codes would each mean something -- which paper certificates they replace/duplicate, which program feature the certificate comes from, etc. For example, "A" might mean "normal annual renewal PMUs, they substitute for the paper certificates you received in early 2010." (I don't know if that is actually correct, but this is the kind of detail we need.)

The question of actually ever being able to use the certificates is another matter.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Just sent in my email complaint, since the Diamond Desk, for the second time, advised that only the SkyMiles Service Center can help with this issue, they (SM SC) are too busy at the moment due to staffing levels and I will need to call back on Monday during normal East Coast business hours.

When I raised the point that the certificates expire tomorrow (Sunday) and will be automatically removed from the system, the agent expressed sympathy, but said there is nothing he can do about this issue.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
My Profile is just out of date. I know Platinum is a one year thing for me thanks to the gift MQM's Delta gave out last year, so I haven't bothered to change the profile.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
My Profile is just out of date. I know Platinum is a one year thing for me thanks to the gift MQM's Delta gave out last year, so I haven't bothered to change the profile.
We are almost in the same position. I will probably make Silver this year.

I will, however, remain active in the Bates Motel program.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs down Appears that Delta has decided to say F U to last year's PMs & DMs

DL's reply to my email:

Dear Mr. DevilDog438,

Thank you for expressing your concerns.

We show your 2009 paper certificates were issued on May 16 2010 and had
an expiration of July 01 2010. If you choose to use your certificates
after tomorrow we will honor the original expiration of July 01 2010
just give us a call when you decide to use them both. If you choose
Systemwide upgrades for your choice benefits for 2010 they will have an
expiration date of one year from the date used.

We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be
enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of
choice.

Sincerely,

<redacted>
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com
So much for fostering customer loyalty.

No reply to my follow-on reply yet.

Last edited by DevilDog438; May 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm
Old May 15, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I was excited when I saw the subject of the e-mail "An Update On Your Platinum Systemwide Upgrades." For a minute, I thought they were going to announce they were lowering the fare class requirements for these.
Unfortunately, I just got my paper certs converted to ecerts with an earlier expiration date.
Come on Delta. Consider lowering the upgradeable fare class by at least one for international upgrades. I've already taking 2 international flights on United (paying for economy plus) because it was significantly cheaper than an M fare.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
This really sucks!!!

Now, what will I use to wrap fish or train kittens? Newspaper? TP? This is yet another shameful downgrade of benefits.

These instruments just went from nearly worthless (open envelope, put on floor, happy kittens) to completely worthless and now a waste of my valuable time (open email, mark as spam, delete spam).
Old May 15, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Sure --- About as well as you can use them on DL flights!
Which is to say you cannot use them on Air France flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.