Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PU503's Just Showed Up / Delta E-Mail on SWU's

Old May 14, 2010, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite

I checked my profile last night on the DL website & noticed there were 6 PU503 certs that just showed up in the e-cert section. Has anyone else seen these show up recently? The expiration date they have is July 2010...strange. I do have 6 of the paper upgrade certs from when I hit Plat last year, but they don't expire until Feb 2011.

Any ideas?
Old May 14, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
I called the Diamond desk to change flights last Saturday and heard "there are two Platinum certs in your account that expire at the end of July" when trying to secure flights with available upgrades.

I had no idea they were there and they still don't show up in my profile. Nevertheless, I used one this week for yesterday's MEX-BOS flights.
Old May 14, 2010, 6:33 am

No love for me

Nothing showed up for me.
Old May 14, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Nada for me. I still have 3 paper PMUs from 2009 that I am told are good through July 1st.

Looks like they have fixed the issue where you saw a credit for future paid flights. I have a paid flight next weekend, and don't show any open credits now.

David
Old May 14, 2010, 6:44 am

Yup, (finally) got my 6 for hitting PM in Dec. of last year, only trouble is that they expire in Dec. of this year and now I only have 7 months to use them...
Old May 14, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
ALL paper SWUs have been converted to electronic. The new e-certs have been cross referenced to the paper certs. This has just been completed within the last day. An e-mail should have been sent out to all those who had the paper certs notifying the pax of the new e-certs.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by zsmith2
ALL paper SWUs have been converted to electronic. The new e-certs have been cross referenced to the paper certs. This has just been completed within the last day. An e-mail should have been sent out to all those who had the paper certs notifying the pax of the new e-certs.
Good to see. However, like someone mentioned, my paper certs don't expire until the end of Feb 2011, not end of June or July this year!
Old May 14, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Good to see. However, like someone mentioned, my paper certs don't expire until the end of Feb 2011, not end of June or July this year!
Def a glitch...I would shoot a message over to ATL to get that fixed. You might even get bonus points too!
Old May 14, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
This probably is a really stupid question, but here goes. Until I started reading these threads I had never heard of PU503. I am Platinum, have been for a while, but I find nothing online about them, so where can I find out about the ones I may have?

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but I cannot find it in the search function on the forum.
Old May 14, 2010, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Juanefny
That was my point too....the e-certs expire in July 2010 (2 months from now), but the paper certs I still have expire in 2011?

I am DM so I almost always get the UG (probably jinxed myself now). But, I was considering taking an international flight with my fiance later this year or early in 2011 & the PU503's would have been nice.
Old May 14, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
I got the same, 6 PU503 ecerts with different ticket numbers than the paper certificates. Expiration date is 7/11/10
Old May 14, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Thanks for the info... I might've had some "unusued" paper ones that I was told they were good until July. "Unusued" as in, this was during the NWA-DL transition when you could use PMUs on NW metal and everything was screwed up trying to reticket it and they never took the paper certs from me. Wonder if they'll show up.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I'm just still hoping they will expand them to more fare classes...
Old May 14, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
This probably is a really stupid question, but here goes. Until I started reading these threads I had never heard of PU503. I am Platinum, have been for a while, but I find nothing online about them, so where can I find out about the ones I may have?

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but I cannot find it in the search function on the forum.
Do a search in the NW sub-forum.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made Plat in December and never got a package. I emailed Delta about it, but got a "sorry, no" back. Now I have six of these in my account, so I guess they changed their minds. Not that I'm likely to use them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.