Wiki Posts
Search

Moving Map Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Moving Map Problem

In both directions on the ATL-LAX leg of my trip this week, the moving maps were broken. It showed the text screens (altitude, temperature, time to destination, etc.) but not the maps themselves. All of the FAs that I asked had no idea it was even like that. Has anyone else seen this? It was on a 767-300 both ways.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by realjd
In both directions on the ATL-LAX leg of my trip this week, the moving maps were broken. It showed the text screens (altitude, temperature, time to destination, etc.) but not the maps themselves. All of the FAs that I asked had no idea it was even like that. Has anyone else seen this? It was on a 767-300 both ways.
Had the same issue 4/21 ATL-SAN on the same aircraft type. The text screens also would not refresh - you had to click out of it and then go back in.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Had the same issue 4/21 ATL-SAN on the same aircraft type. The text screens also would not refresh - you had to click out of it and then go back in.
This week, the text screens worked fine. They rotated properly (English, Spanish, Metric) and updated as the flight progressed. It was just the map screens themselves that were missing.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Same Thing

Same thing no map SEA-ATL on 5/5.
Old May 6, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Same story here last night redeye from LAS-JFK. Temp, altitude, time left in flight was all there but no map.
Old May 6, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
I think I remember reading somewhere that they had disabled the moving maps as a security measure after the christmas day incident at Detroit.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by acf1270
I think I remember reading somewhere that they had disabled the moving maps as a security measure after the christmas day incident at Detroit.
I watched one all the way across the country on 4/30.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
In early April on a LAS-JFK flight no map, but on a JFK-SFO flight last week map was there. Perhaps the map is still off on some AC.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat & 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I watched one all the way across the country on 4/30.
I've had the maps since the Christmas Day incident.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Mine worked fine on a 763 ATL-LAX, same issue of no map on 752 LAX-ATL. Otherwise, all maps have been working at all times all year, including on international flights.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I think since the Christmas Day episode, they disabled the follow the plane mode. you can still look at it if you explore on your own, and the plane position shows up.... I have been on several flights since and this is my experience.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
I flew AMS to MSP on 25th of April and the map was working just fine on the A333.. there was a small period of time half way through the flight when all i saw was text for about an hour or so, but then they came back, weird. .. HOWEVER, also some of the data was inconsistent... for example, how is it possible to have a -13 mph headwind? and the altitude no longer showed, where it has always in the past...

Last edited by dereiziger; May 6, 2010 at 8:46 pm Reason: forgot to add the date of flight
Old May 6, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I think I saw that on one of my flights...the negative thing. It was daytime, so I know we weren't flying backwards, I checked... Is a negative headwind a tailwind?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by acf1270
This was originally planned but was heavily criticized in the press (anyone with half a brain knows turning the moving maps off will do nothing to improve security). I think I remember reading (can't remember where) that while the government caved, crew were being encouraged to make the final call on whether the map would operate or not. Still, I can't imagine many crews deciding against the map for security reasons.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:08 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

When I flew on ATL-SLC on 4/26... The moving maps worked when I was in ATL and for at least 30 minutes after departure... I decided to get some zzzz and when I woke up the map was gone

The map is the best part of the flight info. screen and it was a bit hard getting used to the idea that I have no clue where we were... I am sure spoiled by the map

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.