Wiki Posts
Search

"Easy Button" In Cockpit Of RJ

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
"Easy Button" In Cockpit Of RJ

I took this almost 2 months ago and kept forgetting to post it.

Easy Button

Great crew, great flight. Must have worked. ^

Last edited by Leezell; May 6, 2010 at 10:23 am Reason: Wrong URL
Old May 6, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
That was easy.

^
Old May 6, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
<<waits for a lame msp flyover comment>>
Old May 6, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
<<or a lame atl taxiway landing comment>>
Old May 6, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Nah. This won't be seen in mainline planes. The pilots' union likes to make everything difficult.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Many years ago I flew on an airline (no longer in business) where the "code" given to FAs from the cockpit for an emergency EVacuation was "EASY VICTOR" announced over the PA. It was meant to be a verbal command given that would not panic the passengers.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by TheMoose
<<or a lame atl taxiway landing comment>>
It's all the fault of Delta's award calendar.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
It's all the fault of Delta's award calendar.
Man, I just hate global warming.
Old May 6, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
You know you are an airplane nerd when you dont recognize the RJ configuration with the Lav location and head to seatguru to figure out which plane it actually would have been.

Its either a ERJ-170 or 175 if anyone cares
Old May 6, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wxguy
Many years ago I flew on an airline (no longer in business) where the "code" given to FAs from the cockpit for an emergency EVacuation was "EASY VICTOR" announced over the PA. It was meant to be a verbal command given that would not panic the passengers.
"Easy Victor" is still used by DL. It's a message from the cockpit to the cabin that the plane is safe for evacuation (engines off, flaps down, ...); it is NOT an order to evacuate. If you hear "Easy Victor" on a DL flight, start paying really close attention to the flight attendants.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
"Easy Victor" is still used by DL. It's a message from the cockpit to the cabin that the plane is safe for evacuation (engines off, flaps down, ...); it is NOT an order to evacuate. If you hear "Easy Victor" on a DL flight, start paying really close attention to the flight attendants.
While the overall gist of your post is correct, the details, particularly the bolded portion is incorrect. FWIW, while other airlines certainly use the term Easy Victor, it was not part of Delta procedure until until very recently, so I can only assume that it was a carryover from NWA
Old May 6, 2010, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Down3Green
While the overall gist of your post is correct, the details, particularly the bolded portion is incorrect. FWIW, while other airlines certainly use the term Easy Victor, it was not part of Delta procedure until until very recently, so I can only assume that it was a carryover from NWA
Actually it was covered by the Delta staff at their FA training academy during our Road Warrior Training last June -- see http://www.easyvictor.org

When the "Easy Victor" message is heard, the cabin crew are to contact the cockpit, assess conditions & decide what to do. If contact with the cockpit is not possible, the flight attendants will do their own assessment of the situation.

Odds are that if you hear "Easy Victor", you're going to be jumping out an exit, but it is not an immediate order to do so.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Man, I just hate global warming.
not even funny...we all know it's because the FA's were instructed to do their F service from the cart...can't wait for this to go away, as soon as it does DL will be a much much better airline
Old May 6, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
When the "Easy Victor" message is heard, the cabin crew are to contact the cockpit, assess conditions & decide what to do. If contact with the cockpit is not possible, the flight attendants will do their own assessment of the situation.
Sorry Mike, but this is wrong.......let me give you a hint, in my Job, I'm the guy who actually says "Easy Victor" over the PA. I'm pretty sure I know when I'm supposed to say it and what occurs before and after saying it. I have no doubt that you 'thought' you heard what you wrote at the Road Warrior Training, but you either misunderstood it or they were 'dumbing it down' for a non flight crew audience.

Again, the gist of what you are posting is in the ballpark, but the specifics are all wrong....and this dovetails onto my post in the Channel 9 thread where I mention that it's always dangerous to have people who don't necessarily understand what they are hearing making judgments on that information. Just so you know, at the time that I tell the cabin Easy Victor, the plane is not configured for Evac and the engines are not shut down. That happens later. When the cabin crew hear Easy Victor, they will tell you to STAY SEATED while they determine if their assigned exit is usable.....they do not contact me. They await to hear one of two commands from me.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Wow thats cheap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.