Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL become the 2nd largest airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will DL become the 2nd largest airline?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by pmaddock
I don't think so
Hmm.. I don't really keep track. Just thought I saw some chatter about senior management from NWA being in top spots at DL.
Old May 4, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Interesting article at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36925301...siness_travel/

Apparently, UA/CO main strategy will be to go after business travelers not vacationers... Will DL be able to keep most of its DMs & PMs? Just kidding, we all know the answer...
Old May 4, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by DP-340
Interesting article at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36925301...siness_travel/

Apparently, UA/CO main strategy will be to go after business travelers not vacationers... Will DL be able to keep most of its DMs & PMs? Just kidding, we all know the answer...
It all depends on how they seek out the business travelers... I am not seeing any substance to this yet. I also think that the game changes when they merge, as it did during the NW/DL merger.. I seem to remember a lot of things being said before, that did not make it to the after in the same form....
Old May 4, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I seem to remember a lot of things being said before, that did not make it to the after in the same form....
This is so often the case! Remember the mention of free Internet for SkyPriority members before the rollout, and then the rollout came, and all evidence of free or discounted Gogo Internet for SkyPriority members was no where to be found. This is just the most recent example I can remember, I know there were other similar examples before and after the closing of the merger of both the companies and the operating certificate/websites, etc.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by USirritated
Remember the mention of free Internet for SkyPriority members before the rollout
Actually, I don't remember any mention of free internet by anyone other than some folks here on FT. Perhaps I am a bit fuzzy, but I don't believe this was ever anything more than rumor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.