Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASA Going to Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 9:10 pm

Oh and by the way ASA was started in 1979. So I would say 31 years without a Fatal accident due to pilot error is pretty good.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flying_ww
Here is an a.net photo of ferry tanks on a 717 going from the mainland to Hawaii.

They could also go up through Alaska to Russia then down the east coast of the Asian mainland. I don't know how practical that would be; I don't know if a CR2 has the range (or capabilities?), even with extra tanks, to do a polar route.

-ww

Yeah better make sure that No Smoking sign is working... that is just cool as can be.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:35 pm
VIB

More US jobs gone

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Can't think of a better place for them...
Kind of a metaphor for everything that's wrong with the US of A. All the jobs are going overseas. The towels I bought at Costco were made in India. My son's friend, who was flying for Continental Express, moved to China and is now flying for Hainan Airlines. Pretty sad. Hope you're enjoying those cheap plastic taco holders you bought at Walmart that were manufactured by some sweatshop in China.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by VIB
Kind of a metaphor for everything that's wrong with the US of A. All the jobs are going overseas. The towels I bought at Costco were made in India. My son's friend, who was flying for Continental Express, moved to China and is now flying for Hainan Airlines. Pretty sad. Hope you're enjoying those cheap plastic taco holders you bought at Walmart that were manufactured by some sweatshop in China.
Where's the computer your typing made?
Old May 6, 2010, 11:06 pm
VIB

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Where's the computer your typing made?
China -- and it's you're not your, 简体中文版
Old May 7, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: SkyMiles
ASA in Vietnam

Originally Posted by sbm12
Nice to see them exporting their less-than-stellar reliability around the globe.
I hope they have better gates there than they do at ATL. Those departure areas in Terminal D are do crowded and disorganized that I have switched to MEM and DTW when I fly from my home base.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flyboy7974
ASA going to Vietnam
A very, very good place for them indeed. Maybe they will like them so much they will buy them ^.
Old May 7, 2010, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jetdrvr
Get your facts straight. ASA is one of the few airlines in the world that has never had a fatality due to pilot error. I know it's hard to believe, but true. The two high profile accidents we did have with fatalities were due to catastrophic failures and after being reviewed it was determined that they were unrecoverable. We no longer fly the Brasilia, which was the aircraft responsible for these accidents. As for customer service, we were ranked at the top in January 2010.
That's equivalent to less than 15 years in comparison with a real airline flying real planes. I used to track the odds of my originally scheduled ASA & Comair flights actually getting off the ground, and it was less than 50%.

I'm surprised Amnesty International has never taken up the cause of the pax who are shoehorned into the passenger cabins of those planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.