Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Medallion upgrades

Are medallion upgrades available on DL 17 on ATL-LAX segment? The complete itinerary for the flight DL 17 is ATL-LAX-SYD.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
I upgraded at the gate back in November on that route, be aware that there will an equipment change starting May 1st to a domestic 767 for the ATL-LAX leg.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Wow - EF shows nothing in the next week.

I know I've been upgraded on that route though - its possible that they are holding until last minute. Hope you can report what actually happens.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:04 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Are medallion upgrades available on DL 17 on ATL-LAX segment? The complete itinerary for the flight DL 17 is ATL-LAX-SYD.
Are you booked all the way to SYD? If so and DL17 is listed in your itinerary as ATL-SYD (1 stop) then there are some peculiarities that make Medallion upgrades a little more difficult on that route. If you are just on DL17 ATL-LAX with no continuation to SYD then yes, you can request Medallion upgrades.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by gplates
I upgraded at the gate back in November on that route, be aware that there will an equipment change starting May 1st to a domestic 767 for the ATL-LAX leg.
I am booked on DL 17 for a trip next February. The flight is listed as ATL-SYD with one stop. Does this equipment change mean that I will have to get off of the 767 at LAX and get on the 777-200LR to SYD?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by allaboutthemiles
I am booked on DL 17 for a trip next February. The flight is listed as ATL-SYD with one stop. Does this equipment change mean that I will have to get off of the 767 at LAX and get on the 777-200LR to SYD?
In theory yes, but since your travel is 10 months away there likely will be several schedule changes in the interim.

Perhaps it will change in your favor and the domestic leg of flight 17 will return to being a 77L.

Good luck!
David
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm scheduled on that flight tomorrow as a Platinum on a B fare.

No upgrade yet. No seat in the back either as i have a Seat Request Card.

That's gonna be one long flight if I get stuck in the back in a middle seat.

Wish me good luck - I'm gonna need it.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, VX, VS, UA
I'm a Silver on 17 ATL-LAX next week and all I could get was a middle seat, the last "preferred" seat left in Econ. Wah!

Could a whole wave of Medallians be trying to get one last upgrade on this domestic 777LR before it's discontinued in a couple of weeks?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Upgrades on DL 16/17 ATL-LAX-ATL questions come up 3-4 times a week in this forum.

Its one of the hardest upgrade out there. Have not been advanced upgraded in 4 months on this flight; as a result I either use my certs or just pay full fare (and I suspect I am not the only one).

No, the domestic portions of DL 16/17 will not be switching back to a 767 anymore . This was covered in another thread. Only for a few days in May and June will this occur (and on those days the 777-200LR will operate a day turn, leaving on the 10am flight out of ATL and returning on the 1200 noon flight out of LAX). This plane will be coming in from DXB on those days.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
Are you booked all the way to SYD? If so and DL17 is listed in your itinerary as ATL-SYD (1 stop) then there are some peculiarities that make Medallion upgrades a little more difficult on that route. If you are just on DL17 ATL-LAX with no continuation to SYD then yes, you can request Medallion upgrades.
If you are on a flight that has the same flight number both for the domestic and International segments, you will NOT get medallion upgrade on a regular or discounted economy fare. Same holds true if you fly from LAX-TLV on flight 152,despite equipment change. You also will get less MQM's than on 2 different flight numbers as it is measured " as the crow flies."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.