Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So I was sitting in the little B Crown Room this evening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So I was sitting in the little B Crown Room this evening

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Consider this (extreme) scenario -- you walk into the SkyClub and find out no more spirits, only beer and wine. Well, there are bars in the airport -- if you have to have your booze you can go there. Would you feel you had lost something? Over the years I'm sure I ate more than I drank booze in clubs.
^ +1.

Drinks are nice, food is too. I'm sure that some people around here would have different attitudes if the tables were reversed as described above. The only edit I may add is, instead of there being NO spirits, they were to just offer bottom shelf vodka and gin. I'm guessing that the fake vs. real cheese uproar doesn't seem quite as out of proportion if instead it was saphire vs. seagrams.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
Folks that paid $350 for a SC membership expect caviar, smoked salmon, filet mignon, and top shelf booze.
No, they're expecting some reasonable snacks like they've had in the past. I've been in many real Biz and F lounges, and NW wasn't quite in their league (except maybe for NRT). I'm not expecting waiters or massages, but just some basic food while I'm in the club.

It's great that you don't want poopy hands touching stuff. Personally, I think that's quite an insult to the workers there. I'm sure they all have food handling certs. If you're talking about other passengers, then you can certainly wash any fruit you get.

Do you bring all your own food into FC too? Your own bars of soap? Linen? Silverware? Sounds like Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets.

I often ate the carrot sticks and other healthy munchies, in addition to the cookies, cheese and stuff. I was really shocked at how little there was to eat any more.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by GBadger
^ +1.

Drinks are nice, food is too. I'm sure that some people around here would have different attitudes if the tables were reversed as described above. The only edit I may add is, instead of there being NO spirits, they were to just offer bottom shelf vodka and gin. I'm guessing that the fake vs. real cheese uproar doesn't seem quite as out of proportion if instead it was saphire vs. seagrams.
Instead of yelling and screaming, I wrote a nice letter and got some folks to do the same I met on the planes who agreed with me and now, they have decent gin in the ATL rooms again.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Instead of yelling and screaming, I wrote a nice letter and got some folks to do the same I met on the planes who agreed with me and now, they have decent gin in the ATL rooms again.
That's wonderful! I think that this thread is evidence that discussion of things on FT works as well.

Note: I do NOT advocate yelling and screaming.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
I always travel with food in my backpack. Cheerios, apples, oranges, cashews, peanuts, almonds, beef jerky, powerbars.
Do you still have room for your sippy cup and crayons?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
rats!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
don't stone me

I know i am in the minority here, but I'd rather they provide more food and less alcohol as i don't drink. At the very least i think they should offer a tiered club option where the pricier membership includes the free bar and the cheaper option does not. You could only be serviced at the bar if you had the card indicating your top tier membership.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Plat
One Flew South

I missed the food in the ATL SkyClub E......Until I ate at One Flew South....now I don't miss the SkyClub food anymore!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
Nope, forgot them with you know who
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It's great that you don't want poopy hands touching stuff. Personally, I think that's quite an insult to the workers there. I'm sure they all have food handling certs. If you're talking about other passengers, then you can certainly wash any fruit you get.
Wow! Dude! Did I say the workers have poopy hands! Please do not assign words to me I did not write. That's a cheap shot.

I ain't worried about the fruit because I bring my own as I am very selective on the fruit I eat.

I am more worried about the food and utensils. I have seen plenty of folks picke their nose, use the toilett and don't wash their hands. Next thing is they go touch the cookies and handle the spoons. Next thing you know you are using your fingers to spoon the junk food into your mouth.

The booze is clean. The glasses are clean. I grab the bottle by the neck. NO POOPY HANDS there

I was recommending people they should bring their own fruit and healthy snacks and skip the SC stuff as an option worth trying. Instead, the boo birds come out, which as we all know it is no surprise in this here forum.

The other option is to complain about the lack of food and write letters about "restore the food choices or I am canceling my membership".

I am all for people canceling memberships and making more room for those of us that go there for the other amenities the SC offers. For those in the middle I suggest they try packing a few goodies with them next time and reach for them at the right time. They will be very happy they have smart choices with them, sans poopy hands unless its their own

Last edited by PepeBorja; Feb 26, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

[QUOTE=PepeBorja;13472340]. I have seen plenty of folks pick their nose, use the toilett and don't wash their hands. [QUOTE]

But is that low carb? You may have the solution!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.