Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

More Options. More Opportunities. More Benefits Now. More on the Horizon.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska

My mom just got her Silver Medallion packet from Delta (haven't seen my GM packet, but whatever). It even included luggage tags. I had a look through their brochure and saw a couple of items that sounded very good, and which I didn't realize were Delta elite benefits:

You can mix and match economy, first, business, and BE cabins and dates at various mileage levels to suit your needs. [This is great news. How do I manage this on delta.com?]

Award seat availability: Good/Better/Best for SM/GM/PM. [More great news. But I've had better luck at finding award seats if I don't log in. What am I doing wrong?]
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by YDJanet
You can mix and match economy, first, business, and BE cabins and dates at various mileage levels to suit your needs. [This is great news. How do I manage this on delta.com?
You must use the dreaded calendar award search (use the search option to show more dates.)

It will show one month of availabilities for your outbound and one month for your return. Above each month will be buttons for coach and first class.

Good luck!

David
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by YDJanet
My mom just got her Silver Medallion packet from Delta (haven't seen my GM packet, but whatever). It even included luggage tags. I had a look through their brochure and saw a couple of items that sounded very good, and which I didn't realize were Delta elite benefits:

You can mix and match economy, first, business, and BE cabins and dates at various mileage levels to suit your needs. [This is great news. How do I manage this on delta.com?]

Award seat availability: Good/Better/Best for SM/GM/PM. [More great news. But I've had better luck at finding award seats if I don't log in. What am I doing wrong?]
Ho di ho. Nothing. You're doing everything right, a model customer according to DL SM management. But remember, SMM have reported higher redemption costs and higher ticket prices for the same searches when they log in. There was a thread here just a couple days ago about it.

Also, the theory of mix-n-match is great. So too are the "three award levels" until you see how this is operationalized. Just booking a regular award ticket can be a giant challenge on DL.COM. I can't wait to hear about your experience when you try to redeem for a mix-n-match five seg transpac award.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Also, the theory of mix-n-match is great. So too are the "three award levels" until you see how this is operationalized. Just booking a regular award ticket can be a giant challenge on DL.COM. I can't wait to hear about your experience when you try to redeem for a mix-n-match five seg transpac award.
LOL. I've been trying to do a mix-and-match TATL flight. The only way I've had any success was when I asked for a BE award flight and it came up with a 4-segment itinerary, only one of which was BE. Guess what! It priced it as if everything was mid-tier BE!

Ah, a revelation: That's what they meant. Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.