Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Job well done by Delta: JFK to SIN + slideshow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

Good morning everyone:

(edited to inable the slideshow to work)

Thought I would share with everyone my wonderful experience and the amazing job Delta did on my recent flights from JFK to NRT to SIN and back.

The first flight, Delta 777 (N867DA). flew in BE. The cabin was very clean, orderly and I was also very happy I could now fly to NRT direct from JFK. No more connecting in ATL. The flight attendants were not only professional, but appeared to really take pride in their job. The service was top notch, always greeted with a smile and with the attitude of employees that were proud to work for Delta.

The second flight was on an A332 (N806NW) in BE. Again, a great flight experience with very friendly flight attendants. I chatted with a few for most of the flight and again, I got the impression that these fine folks who took great care of us at 36,000 feet really took pride in their jobs and the airline they worked for.

With all the gripes that people have with Delta, all the complaining that goes on here with Delta, I thought a positive thread would be welcome. Thanks Delta for a great flight to Singapore, and back!

I hope the mods dont consider this a trip report as its mostly to publicly thank Delta for a job well done.

Posted here are pics of various Delta planes, lounges etc.

Despite the negativity sorrounding the PMU's/SWU's, I was able to use them on this RT from JFK to SIN and I presonally love them.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Feb 25, 2010 at 8:40 am Reason: slide show working
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: United 1K 2009, DL Diamond 2010, Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold 2010
thanks for the pics -

slideshow does not work on a single .jpg upload
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

thanks flyworld, will jut post as pics then.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Slideshow worked fine for me. I enjoyed hem both very much. Thanks. Glad you had a good trip.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the report/pics. I'll be flying ATL-NRT-SIN in J next week. What food was served on the NRT-SIN leg - was it a multi-course meal like on the JFK-NRT leg, or a more compact service?

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Nice Pics! Like the variety (DC-something with thrust reversers deployed to A380! and some nice DL 744 pics!). Great job ^
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:06 am

great post, thanks for doing this! ^
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:28 am

Great photos. In November 2007 TSA threatened to take my camera, and made me delete photos of the Thai Air A340-500 that I was flying on, and the photos I took at PBI.

I have taken photos at airports for the past 40 years and was surprised at the reacton.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkey75
Slideshow worked fine for me. I enjoyed hem both very much. Thanks. Glad you had a good trip.
Interesting to hear, thanks tkey. I will edit and repost the slide shows when I get home from work.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

let me see if I can get the slide show to work

Changi Airport

All Delta

Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
The crews you get on the NRT-SIN leg are often a legacy NW Honolulu A330 crew. They are always great.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_plat
The crews you get on the NRT-SIN leg are often a legacy NW Honolulu A330 crew. They are always great.
Yeah, that is true. the crew members I talked to said they were mostly Hawaii based.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:30 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Nice pics! I missed you, our paths must have crossed in SIN last week. Maybe even on that SQ772 you shot at the end.

You would have recognized me immediately because I still have WBurcham's gators clinging to my butt.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Nice pictures! Loved the shot of the 747 take off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.