Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Got inbound BP at check-in for outbound.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

My itinerary Day 1: BWI-JFK-SEA Day 1:
DAy 1SEA-ATL (DAy 2)-BWI (Day2)
Unable to check in online or at a kiosk. Waited for a human being. Got three BPs.
BWI-JFK
JFK-SEA
SEA-ATL
The trip will be completed within 24 hours of the first flight.
No one can give me a reason why I should be able to get BP for SEAt-ATL but not for ATL-BWI.
One delta gateagent said, you can't check-in untill you are within 24 hours of your flight, which I have been for nearly 10 hours. SHe also said I was not checked in for ATL-BWI flight. I asked her why was I checked in for the SEA-ATL flight? Her respionse was "You cannot check-in until 24 hours before your flight" But I am within 24 hours, I said. They checked you in and gave you a BP becuase you are in Seattle for only 2 hours. But they can't give you ATL-BWI BP because your flight is tomorrow." It doesn;t make sense WHen you check in for DCA-DTW-NRT-SIN, you get all your BPs and you are checked in.
My wife called Delta, who sent her off to online support people, who determined I was checked in for the ATL-BWI flight. I was skeptic and had her call Delta again. The answer was "No, Yaatri is not checked in for ATL-BWI flight" Sounds like Abbot and Costello.
Finally, Delta unchec ked me from SEA-ATL saying I would be able to check-in for both inbound segments, but no luck, as my JFK-SEA BP has not ben scanned, as some FTer's tiold me here.

Not only did the agents know what they were talking about, it's also unnecessarily twisted not allowing people to check-in for all the flights within 24 hours of the flights.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ok, I understand Delta's policy is that you cannot checkin for the inbound flight until your BP for the lasty outbound flight has been scanned. I accept it. But then I should not have got the boarding pass for SEA-ATL, which is the first segment of my inbound trip, when I checked in in Baltimore for my outbound trip.

What transpired is already in the previous post. Afetr I boarded the JSK-SEA flight, my wife gtried to check in me in for the inbound trip. (I had been checked out pf the SEA-ATL segment). She couldn't. The elite line told her that I would have to do it in Seattle after I arrive there. I tried to check-in in the air, usfsing gogo, bit Delta.com would not allow me to check in.

Here I am in Seattle now in the Skyclub. The ATL-BWI has been cancelled due to an impending ice stprm in ATL. I have been rebooked on ATL-MEM and MEM-BWI, which is OK, but guess what. The skyclub is unable to check me in through to Baltimore. The syetem would allow them to chek me in only to ATL. The commonest excuse given was that my flight is tomorrow, and it was still today. But now it;s tomorrow even in the Pacific time zone. Still I am only checked in on only one of my three inbound segments. I called Delta premium line. The robot asked me if I wanted to use miles for this trip. I said "NO" . The repsonse was, "I am sorry, I did not understand what you said, please say yes or no" This went on two more times. The guy sitting next to me in the Skuvlub started laughing uncontrollably. Finally, the robot gave up and connected me to a human being. He was very nice. I related to him what my problem was. He said "I don't know why they can't check you in." He put me on hold to find a way to resolve the problem. He came back fairly quickly, but had no solution. I would have to check-in again in ATL. and possibly in MEM. This is really silly. I am on a mileage ruin, so I can take in a stride as I am not missing any important appointments. All it means is another day of parking fee. But Delta has got to its act together or else, its going to lose lot of business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.