Search

Calling Shennanigans on Jeff/SMI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Calling Shennanigans on Jeff/SMI

OK so the lack of a response to the question is clearly a response. I just checked and I still do not have a 2010 Platinum Choice award pick open to me.

This is unfortunate for several reasons.

First: It makes no sense whatsoever that a person attaining 2010 Plat status in 2010 gets a Plat choice pick for Plat and a person who attained Plat for THE SAME PROGRAM YEAR (2010) in December does NOT get that pick. It is just not fair...period.

Second: We were told by Jeff that we would get to pick from the Plat choices for 2010 right here on Flyertalk. I am actually stunned that of all the places to tell a fib it would be here.

I frankly think that the details are so confusing that DL thought they would get this by us...and some here STILL do not realize they have been screwed out of 20,000 miles 4 SWU's or whatever you would have picked.

One more time for everyone:

If I started the year with DL as a new customer and got 75k this year I would get 2 selections from the Plat Choice Benefits.

As a long time customer I DO NOT get the 2010 Plat pick because....why? Somebody please tell me why I do not get the same reward as somebody who flew LESS THAN ME last year?

SHENANNIGANS!!!!!!!

I have Emailed DL and wrote a letter. My guess is you will not respond to me with any logic that would make sense as to why I do not get the Plat pick in 2010 but I have learned a real lesson here. Even when Jeff and SMI talk DIRECTLY to FT'ers they do not care if they follow through with what they promise.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
I hear you my friend. As Jeff posted the information himself on a public forum, I am hopeful DL will do the right thing and make good on their promises. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Thumbs down Agreed

Same situation here.

Did 250k in 2009 - but don't get the pick from "re-qualifying" for PLAT for 2009.

It's just not right !
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Sadly...

Fib? Tell me it's not true!

I'm not really sure it's Jeff & not the beancounters. Obviously he's the point man & the object of our ire (and rightly so), but I'm not convinced he's the man behind the curtain.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Fib? Tell me it's not true!

I'm not really sure it's Jeff & not the beancounters. Obviously he's the point man & the object of our ire (and rightly so), but I'm not convinced he's the man behind the curtain.
Yes, but come on. What executive would be so stupid as to post such a proclamation in the piranha tank without having first gotten the green light from the relevant corporate personnel?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
I went on line yesterday to pick my PM option (4SWUs). Got the conformation email with numbers today. Booked 90K MQM last year.

Are you saying you have been unable to do the same?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
That's why I said "and rightly so".

I see another wave of defections starting up.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I am a first-time plat - breaking the 75K in December '09. I haven't made my choice yet - but all looked fine to me - and I was able to pull up the select your choice page....hopefully yours will kick in shortly. ^
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avflyer
I went on line yesterday to pick my PM option (4SWUs). Got the conformation email with numbers today. Booked 90K MQM last year.

Are you saying you have been unable to do the same?
Please re-read my post. If you hit Plat IN 2010 for the 2010 year you will get to choose from the "2010 Plat Choice awards" which include 20k miles, 4 swu's, etc. If you hit Plat for 2010 in 2009 you do NOT get to make that choice. The SWU you are talking about are from last year (2009) program.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Watchful
I am a first-time plat - breaking the 75K in December '09. I haven't made my choice yet - but all looked fine to me - and I was able to pull up the select your choice page....hopefully yours will kick in shortly. ^
YES! And we (2010 Plats from 2009 earnings) do NOT get that choice on the website.

Congrats to you but a lot of us got screwed out of that pick.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I made 2010 Plat by accumulating over 100,000 MQMs (but less than 125,000) in 2009. I was able to select my choice on the choice webpage.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Watchful
Is there a link or instructions on how to get to the choice page?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Is there a link or instructions on how to get to the choice page?
From another FT Post

https://www.delta.com/choicebenefits
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I made 2010 Plat by accumulating over 100,000 MQMs (but less than 125,000) in 2009. I was able to select my choice on the choice webpage.
Ah, but did you get 2 Plat choices: 1 for 2010 and one for 2011?

People who hit plat this year get both...we the knuckleheads who made Plat last year ONLY get the 2011 choice.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Please re-read my post. If you hit Plat IN 2010 for the 2010 year you will get to choose from the "2010 Plat Choice awards" which include 20k miles, 4 swu's, etc. If you hit Plat for 2010 in 2009 you do NOT get to make that choice. The SWU you are talking about are from last year (2009) program.
That is not correct. I re-qualified as Plat in 2009 and I can choose a 2010 Choice.

I think the issue is if you qualified for DM in 2009 you are not getting to choose a Plat choice as well as your 2 Diamond choices -- as was promised in the post by Jeff.

Added: OK, Now I see what you are saying. Somebody who reached Plat for the first time in 2010 will get an extra choice. But that is a one off deal and is a side effect of DL granting status immediately when you cross a higher threshold rather than making you wait until March the following year. I have no problem with this (as a PM myself). I think the real case is the DM who where promised both PM and DM choices not getting the PM choices.

Last edited by TheMadBrewer; Feb 19, 2010 at 10:46 am Reason: new information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.