Wiki Posts
Search

777LR service ATL-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
777LR service ATL-LAX

Anyone flown this particular flight before and know if the amenities ie. pillow, duvet are loaded like other BE flights? Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

No. It is serviced as Domestic F not BE.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
not a full size pillow
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Plat, UA: GS
Fly this route 2-3 a month. After a couple of times, the allure of the 777 has worn off. If you want to sleep using the flat bed, then I'd take it. I prefer taking the other flights that have live TV and GoGo
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:05 pm

I took this flight in December and we had full pillows and down comforters.... yes, the ATL-LAX route. No noise canceling headphones or other BE amenities
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
SOB i got a plane ... little pillow, and a fleeze little blanket last november
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I have flown this several times. I had a duvet once, but it was a "miss" on the clean up. Every other time I have had the domestic first class. (I have quit flying it, the upgrades are too hard to get to bother)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
As others have said, nothing special. Upgrades are extraordinarily hard to come by now that everyone and their grandmother knows about the flight (usually there are at least a few people who ask for thier pictures taken in the seats or who continously oooo and ahhh for the 3.5 hour flight. To make matters worse, on my last flight, the guy in 6A decided to call his friend and not only brag about how "awesome" the seat was, but how amazingly cool he was to have afforded it...ill spare you the details).

If I want F, ill go ahead and pay for it otherwise ill shoot for the other 763 operated flights with better upgrade percentages and live TV.

I also fly this 2-3 times a month and have been for over 8 months. Once and a while the clean up will miss not only the Duvets but also the noise canceling headphones. In fact, they missed both on my Sydney-LAX-ATL flight 3 months ago.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I enjoy the 777 BE for longer trips as they provide for a very good rest. That said, as a domestic run, serviced with standard pillows and the tissue paper blankets, it is nothing special.

Personally, I find the width of the seat constraining and the seat somewhat uncomfortable as a seat. I do enjoy the legroom and the AVOD, but other planes offer gogo and I like the ability to stay connected and get some work done.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Delta PM, SkyClubs
Just flew MSP-ATL-LAX-SYD

I was just on DL16 on Sunday 2/7 and like everyone is saying - nothing special on the domestic portion - ATL - LAX.

Once in LAX (we had to deplane for security check and clean up) and got back on the plane (in the same seat) and the entire atmosphere changed - champagne or orange juice provided.

Larger pillows and duvet.

Menu to select from and the Delta toiletry kit.

Nice flight - sure beats sitting in Y for that long of a flight!

Catching it back next week - used a PMU - and yes the M ticket was pricey (fortunately someone else paid for it).

I'm 6'3" but only 180# and found the seat fine for stretching out. You just have to make certain that you rework the controls to get the "bed" completely flat.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Regular small pillow, regular thin blanket on the domestic portion. 7A or 7D would be my preferences because of the semi-private feel. AVOD is nice, but no wi-fi. I would only go out of my way to get on this flight if you have never been on the 777LR. It is a very nice seat, but nothing terribly special. Also, this flight gets in late to LAX, around 6pm. So, if you need to be productive for part of your day of arrival, take an earlier flight.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ADLFO
Regular small pillow, regular thin blanket on the domestic portion. 7A or 7D would be my preferences because of the semi-private feel. AVOD is nice, but no wi-fi. I would only go out of my way to get on this flight if you have never been on the 777LR. It is a very nice seat, but nothing terribly special. Also, this flight gets in late to LAX, around 6pm. So, if you need to be productive for part of your day of arrival, take an earlier flight.
I gather the seat is pretty much like the CX J seat except it's leather-which might get a little cold at times-i think. Personally I don't like the CX seats as the walls give a slight claustrophobia adding the narrow width of the seat. Does it come with the 3-point seat belt like CX seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.