Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Updated mobile.delta.com - and it works!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Delta PM, SkyClubs

Just got an e-mail from Delta about their mobile website. Just in time for my Sunday flight to SYD.

Went to the site with my smartphone and it works!

I was able to look up all my iternaries without any problems whereas before I couldn't even log in with my skymiles number.

Well done!

"We recently upgraded our mobile site mobile.delta.com and encourage you to take advantage of its many options. So, log on and enjoy:

* Our eBoarding pass (it's back and better than ever) featuring the ability to send your boarding pass as an email or text message from home, the office or on the go when traveling from select cities.

* New links that help you plan your next trip, including the option to download a pdf of flight schedules.

* The ability to change your flights, especially during delays or cancellations.

* Easy opt-in for SkyMiles email communications.

As always, you may still use mobile.delta.com to view your flight status and updates, weekly fare specials, baggage information, airport maps, security checkpoints, Delta Sky Club locations, in-flight services, onboard entertainment and SkyMiles activity."
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:50 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
"Page cannot be opened. Too many redirections."

Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UA
Good improvements. I couldn't figure out how to change a seat via the mobile site... no seat selection option?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:17 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
A somewhat related question but is anyone able to open the mobile site while using GoGo without buying a plan? I always get the GoGo launch page asking to buy a plan and assumed it was because the mobile site is not a delta.com site - it is at usablenet.com. As a workaround I bookmarked the delta.com html site on my hand held.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
Still not working for me due to geoIP location of my Blackberry server!!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
So what use is the itinerary list if you can't open each itinerary to look at the individual flights booked in the itinerary? You can see the amount of miles you have accumulated without the ability to look at the detail..

Another post-merger IT "enhancement" that still doesn"t measure up to the functionality Delta had before the merger...
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:58 am

That's it??? This is the update?

Where's the upgrade standby list?

Where's the seatmap?

Where's the aircraft amenities list to see if there's GoGo, live TV, in-seat power, or other amenity?

When DL asked a bunch of us about improvements to the mobile site, over and over we said, just copy Continental's. They have it right. But still, nothing, just a plain old clunky, virtually worthless mobile site.

It's shameful because I hoped some of our suggestions would actually make it to the site. The worst is under Flight Status & Updates, those annoying advisories...put them at the bottom of the page. I don't need to know there's snow in the MidAtlantic states...I can look out my window.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
On the mobile site I'm able to see my next outbound flight, but not the return flight on the same PNR. (I get only the first half of the itin.)
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:06 am
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by bdnyc
On the mobile site I'm able to see my next outbound flight, but not the return flight on the same PNR. (I get only the first half of the itin.)
I am only able to see the first segment of each itin, even if I am in the middle of a trip. Pretty much still useless...
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
So what use is the itinerary list if you can't open each itinerary to look at the individual flights booked in the itinerary?
Originally Posted by bdnyc
Originally Posted by BHB
I am only able to see the first segment of each itin, even if I am in the middle of a trip. Pretty much still useless...
I'm guessing the flight list limitation you find is device/platform related, because my experience is different: I see all flights in an itin.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:38 am
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I'm guessing the flight list limitation you find is device/platform related, because my experience is different: I see all flights in an itin.
I had not thought of that: I'm using a BB 9000, running OS v4.6.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorely missing are upgrade and regular standby lists, seat maps, and inflight amenities. Would love the ability to change seats as well.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
When DL asked a bunch of us about improvements to the mobile site, over and over we said, just copy Continental's. They have it right. But still, nothing, just a plain old clunky, virtually worthless mobile site.

It's shameful because I hoped some of our suggestions would actually make it to the site. The worst is under Flight Status & Updates, those annoying advisories...put them at the bottom of the page. I don't need to know there's snow in the MidAtlantic states...I can look out my window.
I wouldn't just copy CO's. I would copy mobile.nwa.com's ability to manage your specific reservation (better than CO's), but also copy the ability on pda.continental.com/info to give you comprehensive details on a flight, including upgrade standby lists, even if you're not on the list yourself or even a passenger on that flight.

Both sites have (or had) excellent navigation.

+1 on moving the advisories on delta.com.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
The site looks nice, but I'm baffled by why when I checked in using my BlackBerry that there was no option given to receive a mobile boarding pass. It simply told me to print my boarding pass from a computer or kiosk.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BHB
I had not thought of that: I'm using a BB 9000, running OS v4.6.
You are not alone. And I doubt it's device specific. I have the same problem that you have - I can only see the first leg of each itin. I have iPhone 3G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.