Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta F/A's hat???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Delta F/A's hat???

I was recently staying at the Sheraton LAX with a friend; she wears lots of hats.

As we were leaving the hotel, we passed an incoming airline crew; the women were in dark blue uniforms, which had some red accents (scarf, I think) and one of the women was wearing a fire-engine red hat, similar in design to a modern-style flapper hat. Tight fitting all around the head, with just the slightest flair around the brim.

Since we were already on the shuttle bus before my friend commented.....was this possibly a Delta Airlines crew? If not (based on the description of the uniform, or if anyone knows which airline uses the Sheraton LAX as their crew hotel), which other airline might it be?

No! It's not for me!

If anyone can PM me with a picture of the current hat or link to the web page ... I would appreicate it. And .... I'm willing to pay full price if I can get it.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Maybe this?

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2008...for-northwest/

A clearer pic
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view...ta0118/10.html
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had my first sighting of the hat last week, DC9 with a DTW crew, it definately caught my attention.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM
One of the FAs on my PBI-ATL flight was wearing one this past Saturday, but if memory serves, it was a navy one rather than red...
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I got one last week. She left it in my room....
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
You dawg! Glad to hear the men on the DL forum are no different than the guys on the UA forum! ^

If you are not keeping it as a sourvenir would you be willing to part with it?

Otherwise, if a DL F/A would PM me with contact info [anonymity assured!] I would like to check into the possibility of getting such a hat to add to my friend's collection.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:44 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by chucklz
One of the FAs on my PBI-ATL flight was wearing one this past Saturday, but if memory serves, it was a navy one rather than red...
The hats ( I believe, in BOTH red and navy) have been around since the new uniforms were officially launched several years ago. Not too many FA actually wear the hats but the ones that do, usually look quite striking in them!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Sorry, but Dovster has occupancy of the designated fake lecher position in this forum, no room for another one.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Sorry, but Dovster has occupancy of the designated fake lecher position in this forum, no room for another one.
Heck....Dovster is designated as FT's One and Only Official Lecher .... no individual forum can claim him. While many of us strive to be like him when we grow up, he transcends all sub-classifications.

Last edited by kevinsac; Feb 1, 2010 at 1:54 pm Reason: my "offal" spelling :-(
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Heck....Dovster is designated as FT's One and Only Offical Lecher
That's an offally good point you're making. I think his position should be reflected in his title/description, instead of mere evangelist status.

Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:51 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
And remember.... Smoking is NOT allowed...

Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that Delta has very nice uniforms for their cabin and ground staff
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
There's a new sheriff in town....
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes...I agree with all the comments about the sharp looking DL F/As and their hats. That's why I want to get my hands on one! (The hat, not a F/A!)

Is there any DL F/A who can help me? :-:
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is there not a Delta F/A who can help me???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.