Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to reasonable B tix?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
What happened to reasonable B tix?

Hi everyone,
Periodically I like to travel to Europe on a B tix (NWA) and then use miles or certificates to upgrade. I am usually flexible on dates and destinations as these are leisure trips. In the past I would just spend some time checking various possibilities and ultimately I would find a B ticket in the $800 - $1000 range. I can't find any now? Am I doing something wrong? Everything seems to come up with about $3000, give or take a hundred bucks. Is there a better place to search than delta.com? Any advice on what I'm doing wrong is apppreciated.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
They no longer exist. Many threads on this topic.

Worse, the H tickets are now so flexible that it is pretty much impossible for someone required to buy the lowest available refundable airfare to buy M & B fares, unless the H bucket is at 0.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
They're toast forever. DL is moving forward with its new :-: best in class :-: model that includes TATL B and M fares higher in many cases than CO discount BF...in DL's case, with the lottery of then finding upgrade inventory, being denied, then seeing the cabin fill with "NRSA" at the last moment.

If you can stomach this, then pay the 3k. If not, then the other guys have better offerings. Even US - previous holders of the :-: best in class :-: FFP title - permit TATL u/g on much lower fares than these.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by redtailshark
They're toast forever. DL is moving forward with its new :-: best in class :-: model that includes TATL B and M fares higher in many cases than CO discount BF...in DL's case, with the lottery of then finding upgrade inventory, being denied, then seeing the cabin fill with "NRSA" at the last moment.

If you can stomach this, then pay the 3k. If not, then the other guys have better offerings. Even US - previous holders of the :-: best in class :-: FFP title - permit TATL u/g on much lower fares than these.
Okay, thanks for the info. I guess I'll look around.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark
They're toast forever. DL is moving forward with its new :-: best in class :-: model that includes TATL B and M fares higher in many cases than CO discount BF..
UA's latest TATL J Sale is running less than YBM now too.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Might this be of interest? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...w-i-fares.html Now, if they would just extend that to IST in Sept ...

Last edited by Xeno; Jan 31, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.