Search

Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Lounge access

Need a bit of help-Flying YYZ-DTW-FLL and MCO-DTW-YYZ
on Delta
Pretty new at this game so here's my question-YYZ-DTW are coach all others are first class. Will our first class tickets get us into the lounges at all airports (I think AC does this) or do we have to buy passes?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Unfortunately you won't have lounge access. Domestic First Class (except some routes between JFK and certain western destinations) doesn't grant lounge access.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a specific selection for Canadian First Class passengers here --
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Oddly, it only lists ATL, BOS, CVG, JFK, and SLC. Seems like they should also include DTW, MEM, and MSP at this point. Perhaps the website needs to be updated?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:39 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by mom_rules
Need a bit of help-Flying YYZ-DTW-FLL and MCO-DTW-YYZ
on Delta
Pretty new at this game so here's my question-YYZ-DTW are coach all others are first class. Will our first class tickets get us into the lounges at all airports (I think AC does this) or do we have to buy passes?
Unfortunately, the most important thing to receiving SkyClub access on an itinerary to Canada is that the flight to/from Canada must be in first class. Since YYZ-DTW is only on a CRJ with no first class cabin, you are not eligible for lounge access.

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Unfortunately you won't have lounge access. Domestic First Class (except some routes between JFK and certain western destinations) doesn't grant lounge access.
This is true, however international first class to Canada, which is still considered "domestic" in some situations, DOES grant lounge access.

Originally Posted by LBJ
There's a specific selection for Canadian First Class passengers here --
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Oddly, it only lists ATL, BOS, CVG, JFK, and SLC. Seems like they should also include DTW, MEM, and MSP at this point. Perhaps the website needs to be updated?
Yes, the SkyClub section is a little out of date on this.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
Deleted

Last edited by DLItaly; Jan 29, 2010 at 9:49 am Reason: my mistake
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks-kind of what I thought but you can see my confusion...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.