Search

Multiple Computers on Gogo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
Multiple Computers on Gogo?

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can have two devices logged into a Gogo account at the same time? For example 2 laptops or a laptop and a handheld wifi enabled device?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
No I tried it failed.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
If that worked, I'd walk around the airplane offering my account and password for $1/seat.
JesseRohr and Widgets like this.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
I requested this ability in a survey a while back. For monthly pass holders, allow a handheld and laptop - great for my blackberry and laptop. Two devices only.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
If you have two laptops, just bring a crossover cable and set up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Has anyone ever tried bringing an Airport Express on-board, sharing out their internet connection from their laptop, plugging the Ethernet cable into the Airport Express, then essentially setting up a second WiFi network?

Good grief, did I really dream up doing something like that? By the time all the bits and pieces were strung together and running, the plane would probably be on short final.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Has anyone ever tried bringing an Airport Express on-board, sharing out their internet connection from their laptop, plugging the Ethernet cable into the Airport Express, then essentially setting up a second WiFi network?

Good grief, did I really dream up doing something like that? By the time all the bits and pieces were strung together and running, the plane would probably be on short final.
If they caught you, the game would be up, no 'emitting' from your devices allowed

I have used the monthly GoGo on both my Iphone and my lap top, but on different flights.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
[QUOTE=CarolDisney1;13277174]If they caught you, the game would be up, no 'emitting' from your devices allowedQUOTE]

No sure how your wifi devices work, but mine send and receive data and by definition that would mean wifi devices both receive and emit radio frequency energy.

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Jan 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
If they caught you, the game would be up, no 'emitting' from your devices allowed

I have used the monthly GoGo on both my Iphone and my lap top, but on different flights.
How does your device communicate with GoGo without "emitting"?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
How does your device communicate with GoGo without "emitting"?
Don't ask me, but I know that they won't let you use a wireless device.

(As to how I know... the guy in front of me asked if he could use one to send files to his buddy in coach! And that was the FA's response. He put them on a flash drive and hiked to the back)
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Don't ask me, but I know that they won't let you use a wireless device.

(As to how I know... the guy in front of me asked if he could use one to send files to his buddy in coach! And that was the FA's response. He put them on a flash drive and hiked to the back)
It's the same transmitter either way. He should have just done it -- they'd never know.

A laptop communicating with GoGo is a wireless device. Laptops are allowed.

Cell phones with internet capabilities are also wireless devices, but they communicate on cell phone frequencies and are not allowed.

Some devices might do both -- just turn off / disable the cell phone communications.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jan 28, 2010 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM
If you are running Windows 7, you can turn it in to a wi-fi hotspot (without the Airport Express) using software from Connectify for free:

http://connectify.me/

Ryan
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:11 am

To the OP, you're certainly able to do this if you're willing to pay twice.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:12 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by JeffD
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can have two devices logged into a Gogo account at the same time? For example 2 laptops or a laptop and a handheld wifi enabled device?
...at the SAME time, no. However, you should be able to go back and forth from one type of device to another provided that you use the higher priced one first (i.e. laptop first, then mobile device). I honestly don't know why you would want to do this, but it technically IS possible. If you attempt to use the mobile device first, you would have to pay a second fee to use a higher priced device. Gogo use is 'account' based. It is for that same reason, you can only use one free trial code per account, per promotion.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
No I tried it failed.
How about using Bluetooth to share the connection if you have a Bluetooth enabled laptop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.