Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex - Delta Companion Fare NIGHTMARE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Well, in the end, I got my ticket, at the lower price, after they held the itinerary and the price for almost a week. The value of the ticket I was using the voucher for was $416.00 before taxes (thems the breaks when flying from small airports), so it was worth a little work but DANG this was crazy. (And, until I got into it, I didn't realize how much work it was going to be to clear that last $99....)

I had originally called because I didn't get a voucher in the mail, after they sent the erroneous $99 voucher. Now I have gotten in the mail a second erroneous $99 voucher. Which would be a little bonus, except that these have to be used for travel before the end of March, and I don't have plans to fly anywhere else...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Charter DM and still DM/2.5MM, AMEX Plat, DLAMEX Plat,
I feel your pain

see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...confusion.html

not identical to your issue -- but an example of the hoops one has to go through to get either the product or get clarification of product
Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by ffI
you have convinced me not to use my companion certificate.
Also if you cant upgrade with the cert, but you can with an award, I might as well go with the award and get upgraded as gold or above.
Everyone's result might be different. I use my free cert (i have the DL reserve AMEX) to buy a ticket for Mrs. Monsrt. Was told that I would get miles but she would not and neither would be upgradeable. No problem Was a trip from DCA to MCO and we got exit rows. Down was on DL metal and up was on NWA metal. To my surprise when I checked in on the NWA flight MCO to DTW we were 1/2 on the upgrade list. I'm PM and she is just regular member. We got the upgrade. On the DTW to DCA we were 1/2 again on the list. Only one seat left and the GA give it to me. I gave it to the Mrs but she said she wanted to sit with me so we gave it to #3 on the list. We were on the plane when it cleared and GA came back to me. When she gave it to #3 she told him to thank us and he did as he walked up front.

Maybe this was just a glitch because we went to NWA but this was a no hassle redemtion and even got an upgrade!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

That sounds like a great experience! Even an upgrade, when supposedly these are not eligible. Fantastic!

SM probably doesn't have much chance of an upgrade, but I guess that is okay since only one of the five flights involved in this more-complicated-than-needs-to-be itinerary is on a plane that HAS a first class LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.