Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Impressive response from DL cust. svc. re poor FA behavior

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impressive response from DL cust. svc. re poor FA behavior

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Within a few days I got a very long response that addressed each point raised, and what, specifically, they were going to do about it to prevent such actions in the future. I was shocked by the constructive, prompt and detailed response.

I think this is a good tack for Delta to take. It shows that (in this case) they take these things seriously and are really trying to improve service. (The skymiles program aside.). It's refreshing.
Interesting. They can do it. And in this case, there's corporate will.

So, why, will they not address the DL.COM award booking tool, or deal with SM supes who revoke people's award tickets among many other customer-hostile actions? These issues generate gigantic ill-will and, unlike the response you describe above, are clearly and indisputably worst in class.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by drat19
Like I said, I expected this sort of scoffing from some when I posted this thread...

My point is that I was the FIRST PERSON to board the plane. Everyone else seated up front adjacent to me had to swim even further upstream than I did....
Actually, it's probably good that you expected the scoffing because you certainly deserve it...

And everyone else had to swim even further upstream because YOU, as the FIRST PERSON TO BOARD sucked up their space. I really do hope nothing worse than this ever happens to you...^
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by flightattendantsteve
Besides it only takes a few minutes to wait for a Valet bag.. No ones World is going to fall apart if they have wait a couple minutes for their rollerboard to be brought forward.
Sorry, but that's not always correct---and the worse the weather in ATL, and the more delayed the ASA flights are, the more chance you have of missing your connection if you have to wait for a 'Valet bag', which doesn't always come out in 'a couple of minutes'. I do it twice every week---you learn what fits in the overhead bin and what fits under the seat in front of you. No need to make more rules for ASA FA's to enforce at their whim. For those of us who are forced to connect on ASA every week, don't make our lives any more miserable than ASA and ATL ATC already do...

ps: DL Customer Service did a nice job in addressing the OP's issue, which is a valid one. Kudos for DL Cust Svc!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
And you guys wonder why its hard to find Low Mileage Reward tickets.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
What, pray tell, does complaining about FA services on a Delta Connection carrier have to do with availability of Mileage Award tickets?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
What, pray tell, does complaining about FA services on a Delta Connection carrier have to do with availability of Mileage Award tickets?
Ask anyone from Zimbabwe about the devaluation of currency.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
OK, I'll admit, I'm lost...........
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Interesting - now, complaining about services rendered on an individual flight = devaluation of currency due to government instability.

Nice attempt at a thread derail. Personally, I don't think Revenue Management gives a flying banana about passenger complaints when they set SkyMiles redemption targets.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Agreed

Originally Posted by dd992emo
Actually, it's probably good that you expected the scoffing because you certainly deserve it.
In a world filled with real problems related to the airline industry, being forced to stow a bag 2 rows behind you should barely qualify as an inconvenience.

The problem with writing letters about every trivial and perceived slight is that it detracts from those who write with real issues.

Sure, the FA was probably lazy and she definitely isnt what Delta would consider to be a model employee, and she evidently needs some coaching - but c'mon.

IMHO, complaint letters should be reserved for real issues where there is actual damage, loss or travel interruption. You know, like why there aren't any "good snacks" available in the SC lounges.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
So bottom line, they gave you 7,500 miles because her stuff was in the front bins and she didn't seem personable? Heck, I guess I need to complain more......
Oh, please don't. You can add me to the list of scoffers.

Ah, a voice of reason. I'll admit that compensation miles aren't the main reason that low mileage tickets are hard to find, but when miles have become so devalued that somebody gets 7,500 because he had to go back a whole row to load his bag, it does indicate how much DL values those miles.

Mike
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drat19
I was very clear elsewhere in the thread that I was "on the lookout" once she pissed me off, no denying it. I also noted that she hid her identity on multiple fronts: Wings covered by her sweater, ID tag around her neck flipped to not show her name, and didn't announce her name on the safety briefing (trust me, I was INTENTLY listening for it). And the "FA hiding in the galley through the entire flight when not serving" thing...now don't tell me you haven't seen that from FAs who obviously don't want to be engaged. Yeah, I was "on the lookout", and guess what: this FA demonstrated on multiple fronts that she was not customer-oriented. I was fair and accurate..she earned every bit of that note. Nothing petty about it. I did not request that she be fired (I said, "Let's coach her"), and I did not request any compensation.
Basically, you're admitting you acted like an arse because you had to stow your bag a little behind you. That's the very definition of petty.

You are also assuming something you don't know to be fact when you claim that she was trying to hide her identity. It's a possibility, but you don't actually know it to be true. Yet you list it as yet another of her faults. I guess if you're on the lookout, anything will do as a demerit.

You might also ask yourself why such a little thing would piss you off, so much so that you hunted for other things to bolster your case against her. DYKWIA certainly fits your take on things.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Yeah, I'm thinking that once I had stowed my bag, I probably would have carried on with my usual flight routine and read a book or napped or something.
Life's too short!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver, Intercontinental - Ex Plat
Agreed

Originally Posted by jeff30189
In a world filled with real problems related to the airline industry, being forced to stow a bag 2 rows behind you should barely qualify as an inconvenience.

The problem with writing letters about every trivial and perceived slight is that it detracts from those who write with real issues.

Sure, the FA was probably lazy and she definitely isnt what Delta would consider to be a model employee, and she evidently needs some coaching - but c'mon.

IMHO, complaint letters should be reserved for real issues where there is actual damage, loss or travel interruption. You know, like why there aren't any "good snacks" available in the SC lounges.
+1 ^
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Interesting. They can do it. And in this case, there's corporate will.

So, why, will they not address the DL.COM award booking tool, or deal with SM supes who revoke people's award tickets among many other customer-hostile actions? These issues generate gigantic ill-will and, unlike the response you describe above, are clearly and indisputably worst in class.
I agree (and hence my "skymiles program aside" comment). For Dl.com, I'd surmise that they know it's a problem and are working on it...but don't want to do the right thing and acknowledge it, and waive all phone fees for everyone until it is fixed...lots of revenue to give up.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
I was once dumped at an outstation airport 6 hours late due entirely to a mechanical. Missed my transportation out, had to overnight. I wrote a nice letter too. No compensation. Appealed twice up the food chain, no compensation (despite acknowledging that yes, it was their fault, yes, it was a mechanical, and yes the flight was six hours late).

If only I had written that my bag was 6 feet behind me the whole flight, perhaps I could have gotten something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.