Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Want to stay in Seoul for an extra day - help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to stay in Seoul for an extra day - help?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: NorthWest - Gold Elite, UA, KrisFlyer
Smile Want to stay in Seoul for an extra day - help?

I am traveling on a award ticket on 13APR from LAS-SEA on Alaska, then SEA-ICN on KAL. Have a 16 hr layover in ICN before going ICN-MNL. I return on APR26 MNL-NRT-LAX-LAS.

I paid 60K miles for that ticket.

My question is: can i push back my ICN-MNL leg 1 day so i can see the sights in seoul? who would i have to call? what do you think it would cost?

My wife thinks i would be ok with not flying that leg and buying my own one way ticket, not sure what effect this would have on entire flight plan. If there is a way that i can change it now, I think that would be the best option.

Thanks from wet and rainy LAS
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:45 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mr bulaklak
My wife thinks i would be ok with not flying that leg and buying my own one way ticket, not sure what effect this would have on entire flight plan. If there is a way that i can change it now, I think that would be the best option.

Short answer - - Nooooooo!!!! Don't do it!!! As soon as you don't fly a flight in the middle of an itinerary, all the rest of your flights will cancel out as a no show - - and you won't get home!! You should be allowed 1 stopover on an internatioal award ticket, but first, you'll hafto find availability for the new flights you want. Then, you'll hafto pay the redeposit / change fee - $100, I think.

So you should hunt around online for availability for the new flights you want or call the NW/DL Gold hotline for assistance in finding new flights that work for you, but good luck finding them at the low 60K level. The one good thing is that if you call, most people will hafto pay a $20 direct over the phone ticketing fee, but you have that fee waived as a Gold member.

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 20, 2010 at 11:53 am
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NorthWest - Gold Elite, UA, KrisFlyer
I talked to delta customer service and they made the change so i could spend a full day in seoul, it only costs $100 to make the change.

3 minutes on hold, not too bad.

Thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.