Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fasttrack immigration for LHR bound BE pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

I did my share of US-LGW trips in BE during Gatwick's long relationship with DL - before they secured all the LHR slots. At that time, FA's on board would hand out "fast track" cards which got you into a special immigration lane when landing.

Does anyone know if this is still done,and available on any of DL's LHR routes? I'm flying BE to LHR tomorrow..

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A search finds this thread suggesting 'no' from a few months ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-arrivals.html
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by heckler
I did my share of US-LGW trips in BE during Gatwick's long relationship with DL - before they secured all the LHR slots. At that time, FA's on board would hand out "fast track" cards which got you into a special immigration lane when landing.

Does anyone know if this is still done,and available on any of DL's LHR routes? I'm flying BE to LHR tomorrow..

Thanks!
I think that is a * Alliance thing at LHR.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM
I waited all of three minutes at LHR last week in the regular line. As long as you're not in the way back of economy class or arriving at the same time as another big flight, it should be no problem.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: you name it, i have it
As of December, no fast track for DL at LHR. Terminal 4 was not too bad as of my last trip in December, because it wasn't full yet. Not sure if that has changed in the last month. If you do this trip very often, I highly recommend getting the retina scan -- No wait at all. The machines were down for awhile in T4, but they have been working fine over the last couple of months -- and best of all, I can still see...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:34 am

Heck, when we did CVG-LGW last summe they didn't offer fast track to J pax (or any info about the Sofitel arrivals lounge).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by NHFL9
I waited all of three minutes at LHR last week in the regular line. As long as you're not in the way back of economy class or arriving at the same time as another big flight, it should be no problem.
I can see how one could insure that they are not in the back of coach, but your other point about another big flight arriving has too many variables. Even if one were to time their arrival when no other arrivals from any other airline are scheduled there there is still a likelihood that one could end up in the crowded regular line. 1) your flight is early or late. 2) other flights are early or late. Either possibility could be caused by more variables: weather, mechanical, or security. I think the OP was looking for a way to be in the shortest line no matter how busy immigration is.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: you name it, i have it
As of today, there still is no Fast track for DL. Terminal 4 has it, but not for us...
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Evan!
I can see how one could insure that they are not in the back of coach, but your other point about another big flight arriving has too many variables. Even if one were to time their arrival when no other arrivals from any other airline are scheduled there there is still a likelihood that one could end up in the crowded regular line. 1) your flight is early or late. 2) other flights are early or late. Either possibility could be caused by more variables: weather, mechanical, or security. I think the OP was looking for a way to be in the shortest line no matter how busy immigration is.
Yup, definitely; I was just suggesting not to waste time getting off the plane or pause walking through the long corridors on the way to immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.