Wiki Posts
Search

Why no FastTrack at LHR Arrivals?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Why no FastTrack at LHR Arrivals?

Anybody know why DL doesn't offer FastTrack at LHR Arrivals? There is a FastTrack lane at terminal 4 and now that terminal 4 is such a big SkyTeam Terminal, I would like DL woudl be able to offer this to J Customers.

Last couple times I've had to wait 30 minutes to get through immigration - seems to me that FastTrack is a pretty important feature if they truely want to be competitive on this route with business travellers.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:17 am

They offer it originating at LHR/LGW.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Still could be a hassle on the inbounds. While my one arrival through LHR was insanely quick (12 minutes after getting off the plane, I was sitting on Heathrow Express), it could be annoying, especially for the JFK flight.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by WBurcham
True - although the outbound from LHR is less of an issue. Plus, it is not really "offered" by DL. At LHR the airport automatically lets you use FastTrack when leaving if you have a J ticket....when arriving, you need an inviation from the airline to use FastTrack.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WBurcham
FastTrack at LHR Arrivals is for UK passport control and DL does not offer it at LHR/LGW Arrivals.

DL does offer a different kind of FastTrack but that is just for departure security screening.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: you name it, i have it
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Anybody know why DL doesn't offer FastTrack at LHR Arrivals? There is a FastTrack lane at terminal 4 and now that terminal 4 is such a big SkyTeam Terminal, I would like DL woudl be able to offer this to J Customers.

Last couple times I've had to wait 30 minutes to get through immigration - seems to me that FastTrack is a pretty important feature if they truely want to be competitive on this route with business travellers.
I ask that question every time I fly to LHR -- and no one at DL has an answer. When the terminal was empty it was fine -- but as it gets more and more crowded, it will become a hassle.

You can get the retina scan, which will get you through very quickly -- if the machines are working that day.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I arrived in MAN this morning and the Non EU passport control was a disaster. A really long line (more than just our flight) and one guy checking. The EU line was long too, but they had about six agents for that. Not only that, the one checker was VERY thorough with several folks ahead of me and the line was barely moving. Fortunately I had zipped up to the area in fast mode so was near the front of the line (meaning about 15 folks ahead of me). It took the better part of a half hour, and the line behind me was 50 to 100 people. A second agent had just started helping just before I got up there. Fast track sure would have been nice--or even another agent or two. Of course, my bags were just arriving when I got down there so I guess I would have been waiting there instead. Loving The Lake District as usual.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
i guess the advantage of being dual eu/us citizen is picking the shorter line! how's that for a fast track :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.