Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClubs and Guests

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GE
SkyClubs and Guests

The site says family (spouse or partner) and children or 2 guests.

I asked the desk about this but they used the same language. Dose anyone have an experience bringing in multiple guests?

I am traveling with my wife, friend and two family members.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by pragakhan
The site says family (spouse or partner) and children or 2 guests.

I asked the desk about this but they used the same language. Dose anyone have an experience bringing in multiple guests?

I am traveling with my wife, friend and two family members.

Thanks!
Yeah, what you want to do generally will not work. It is EITHER:
1) you, your spouse and your children under 21
OR
2)two guests.

There is a possibility that a nice lounge agent MIGHT let you slide one extra person in, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. However, if your friend and family members are all over 21, then you would be asking for three extra people. That, most likely, will not be considered. Some alternatives would be if one of them has a Plat AMEX (not the SkyMiles AMEX), find some lounge passes, or buy them a day pass.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I was able to get wife, mother and father on my SC and PM. One guest allowed as a PM and two guest allowed as SC(NW/WC) life member.

I also have been able to get son(21+) into SC/WC when travelling as family of 5 depending on the mood of the gatekeeper.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat; HHonors Diamond
Tried at DTW yesterday to bring in 3 guests (all coworkers) and no dice. One had to buy a one day pass. No negotiation at all with the lounge dragon.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by tentseller
I was able to get wife, mother and father on my SC and PM. One guest allowed as a PM and two guest allowed as SC(NW/WC) life member.

I also have been able to get son(21+) into SC/WC when travelling as family of 5 depending on the mood of the gatekeeper.
Since when does PM status mean anything with regard to taking guests into Sky Clubs? This is not a PM benefit. Medallion status is not mentioned anywhere in the SC rules except for the membership rates and the (soon to be) benefit that DMs will get complimentary membership.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by XNAflyr
Tried at DTW yesterday to bring in 3 guests (all coworkers) and no dice. One had to buy a one day pass. No negotiation at all with the lounge dragon.
Why are you questioning? The rules are the rules.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by yogimax
Why are you questioning? The rules are the rules.
These rules exist to prevent abuse, and reasonable exceptions get made all the time.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: All of the above
BOS....3 guests
MSP....2 guests...gave card to spouse who entered other door with third person
SLC ...2 guests
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Evan!
Since when does PM status mean anything with regard to taking guests into Sky Clubs? This is not a PM benefit. Medallion status is not mentioned anywhere in the SC rules except for the membership rates and the (soon to be) benefit that DMs will get complimentary membership.
SkyTeam lounge access is a PM benefit when traveling on an international itinerary. See the information under "Additional Platinum Member Benefits" on the SkyTeam benefits page:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...fits/index.jsp

Last edited by CarmenOM; Jan 17, 2010 at 9:34 pm
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
SkyTeam lounge access is a PM benefit when traveling on an international ticket. See the information under "Additional Platinum Member Benefits" on the SkyTeam benefits page:

You are not supposed to be able to "stack" your credentials for guest access. I think tentseller got lucky on that one.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
SkyTeam lounge access is a PM benefit when traveling on an international itinerary. See the information under "Additional Platinum Member Benefits" on the SkyTeam benefits page:

Thanks. I stand corrected.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Just do not claim the guests as friends... They are family. Seems very odd that you can bring in only two guests but the Brady Bunch is allowed in with no questions asked. Why not make the rules TWO GUESTS PERIOD.. no matter if they or 5 or 50 years old....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.