Wiki Posts
Search

DL Farecompare flight bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
DL Farecompare flight bookings

Am looking for a DL/NW flight from LAX or BUR to either MSP or MKE second weekend in Feburary. I found a good fare on farecompare and now have the farebasis code...what do I do with that code? I assume I could call and give it to the ticketing agent but then I'd have to pay the phone ticketing charge (negating any savings). Is there an online way to do this?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: DM
why can't you just go to Delta.com?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by fmsm
why can't you just go to Delta.com?
My understanding was that farecompare fares were occasionally lower than what you could find publicly listed on delta's website, is that not true? Otherwise what would be the point of the site? If I am misinterpreting the information on the site, please let me know.

This is what I saw:
Burbank, CA Milwaukee, WINWKA07A0PA $184 $248 3488 miles $0.07

The best I could find on delta.com for was 303. Not a huge difference but am still curious as to how it works
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
if you go to nwa.com and search for your city pairs and dates, the fare basis code is listed on the right hand side of the results. just match up what you see with farecompare, make sure you select the right times, and you should be good.

not sure if this is visible on dl.com during the selection process. i did manage to find the 248 base fare which ended up being 296 after tax...
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by rcbarton
My understanding was that farecompare fares were occasionally lower than what you could find publicly listed on delta's website, is that not true? Otherwise what would be the point of the site? If I am misinterpreting the information on the site, please let me know.

This is what I saw:
Burbank, CA Milwaukee, WINWKA07A0PA $184 $248 3488 miles $0.07

The best I could find on delta.com for was 303. Not a huge difference but am still curious as to how it works
Sites like FareCompare.com are great for finding the best fares. Their search methods are better. Their purpose is to find cheap flights. The airlines' websites aren't designed to help the bargain-hunter. Once you find the flight/fare you're looking for, go to delta.com and book it. (Or nwa.com, orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, etc ...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.