Wiki Posts
Search

How are Security Lines at JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO Silver
How are Security Lines at JFK?

Just wondering if I need to allow for any extra time to get through security at T2, or is it pretty much the same as pre-Christmas 2009?

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
it depends on the time of day

but I think JFK has a 60 minute cut off time for luggage now so if you have luggage be there earlier than if you don't.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by booper
Just wondering if I need to allow for any extra time to get through security at T2, or is it pretty much the same as pre-Christmas 2009?

Thanks!
I am going to be at T2 later this evening and will report.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I am going to be at T2 later this evening and will report.
Well, I'll be there by then too!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I'll be there tomorrow AM (~7am) to report. When I left on an evening TATL departure on 12/30, the T2 line was nearly out the door. The medallion line was empty, thank god. I could feel the daggers in my back as I quickly went through security
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL 2.3mm DM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz President club, SPG Gold
ALways use T2 unless it is closed which is in the morning. No compare I use ONLY T2 and BE checkin regardless of where I am going. If you are PM/DM and the line is long ask the agent to walk you to the front of the line but only if you are running late. T2 will NOT be opened at 7am.....sorry. T3 does not have a 1st class/PM/DM line but T2 does. I have never been in line more then 5 minutes including Thanksgiving/Christmas
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by booper
Well, I'll be there by then too!
Well, finished my flight (after a 2 hour delay to change to a 767, but we got some nice business elite seats!).

The medallion line had 1 person in front of me in T2. The non-medallion line was pretty long though - not sure how long it was taking them to make it through. T2 is definitely the way to go.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by vgmmcfly
ALways use T2 unless it is closed which is in the morning. No compare I use ONLY T2 and BE checkin regardless of where I am going. If you are PM/DM and the line is long ask the agent to walk you to the front of the line but only if you are running late. T2 will NOT be opened at 7am.....sorry. T3 does not have a 1st class/PM/DM line but T2 does. I have never been in line more then 5 minutes including Thanksgiving/Christmas
I 2nd that... don't go directly to T4 .. just use T2 then take the shuttle bus there.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by vgmmcfly
T2 is absolutely open at 7am. Just breezed through security in 2 mins. Regular line wait was about 15 mins. ^ to DL for staffing the medallion line very well as of late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.