Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What issues are reasons to let your Sky Club membership lapse? Check all that apply.
I do not intend to let it lapse. I intend to renew my membership because I am happy with Sky Clubs.
10.67%
Loss of locations.
43.87%
Food issues.
63.64%
I am or will be a Diamond Medallion, so Sky Club membership is free of charge for me.
24.51%
Service issues.
15.02%
Other issues, which I intend to state in this thread.
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Sky Club snack service changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by bubbashow
If it is the same stuff that they serve in the afternoon for longer, it is a BIG improvement.
what is the stuff they serve in the afternoon that we'll now be getting all day?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by ADLFO
First, SMI, I really appreciate the communication. This has been an area that many DL FTers have been concerned about for some time and apparently that is now changing for the better. All the news doesn't have to be good, but telling us up front what is coming is at least giving us common courtesy and respect. Again, thanks.
+1^ SMI is what we have needed in this forum for quite some time. Like it or not, I appreciate getting info from SMI and seeing him participate in discussions in this forum.

Now, SMI what will the expanded snacks consist of?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi
So I take it that this is the official indication that Sushi and soup is done at NRT. Hopefully I am wrong.....
I'm with you. The NRT lounges are among the best in the DL system. I would hope they are left alone.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
what is the stuff they serve in the afternoon that we'll now be getting all day?
If it is the same, hummus, olives, "cheese", crackers, veggies. Beats the dried fruit and wasabi pea snack mix alone (though I hope the latter doesn't go away).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider

Starting on January 16, we will no longer offer pre-flight appetizers at the clubs where they are currently served in favor of providing a more consistent product across the entire Delta Sky Club network for longer periods of time throughout the day.
SkyMilesInsider
and I will be flying through JFK on 1/18

More consistency is good, but I want to see a substantial improvement both for food and beverages (!) to make up for the dramatic loss of service at ATL/JFK.

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 13, 2010 at 6:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I always feel like I am bucking the trend on most posts here, but I feel this is a change for the positive. Then again, most of my travel is domestic. I think we need to applaud Delta for being very straightforward with communication on this site recently. Thanks Skymiles Insider. I personally like the change. Snacks available all day were a nice benefit of the World Club. I am glad I renewed this year....it was a decision I was debating.
Agreed. I don't travel internationally, and I don't travel through ATL often, if ever. It will be nice to see (re)expanded offerings at DTW.

I am hoping real cheese and not a generic cheese like product is on the agenda.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider

We feel that working toward greater product consistency adds to the value of your membership for all of our members and is the right thing to do. We hope you enjoy the upcoming changes and yes, we will continue to listen to your feedback.

SkyMilesInsider
membership 'yes', but how about your premium customers? Have you been in a LH or LX lounge recently?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Not much farther to reach the bottom.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Now, SMI what will the expanded snacks consist of?
This is not a dialogue. It was a press-release that was spewed out with no follow-up discussion planned.

Also, I wonder how this relates to allowing the Delta Plat and Gold Amex cardholders to enter the club for $25 a pop.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Fantastic; now I can stop telling people they should go the 2nd terminal E skyclub after 3pm to get the better food .

, please do not make it sound like we asked for this; we are all adults and we know what we are really being "fed" here. Im a bit insulted how this was brought to us. I am sure I do not speak only for myself when I say that we might have reacted better if you had just said "Due to costs we are cutting additional food at the current clubs which previously offered an enhanced food service option."
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Simple healthy snacks, fruit, and Tequila. That's all I ask for.^

I don't go to the club to eat a meal, I go there to avoid the gate stress and relax. A drink and an apple or banana, maybe a few peanuts. Good to go.

Please cater to those of us that don't rely on cheese, high-cal bar mix, and nutella to survive.

And please, please, please... NO OUTSIDE FOOD. It will stink up the place with the smell of fast food. It sucks to be in an airplane that smells like french fries and fatty burgers. We don't want that stench in our clubs.

Say no to outside food, por favor. Verboten, Prohibido, Disallowed.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
This is not a dialogue. It was a press-release that was spewed out with no follow-up discussion planned.
SMI has engaged in dialogue on this forum as opposed to RealDLInsider. You may be correct, however I hope this is not the case
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Ok, I will reserve judgement until I know what the increased snack offerings consist of...

IF SMI was really listening, then there would be some real food choices (read: things that consist of fewer than 10 ingredients and whose label doesn't read like a chemistry textbook.). If not, we will be offered the same crap, but for a longer time period, and I will not be renewing my membership at the end of the year.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
For those of us who don't go through JFK or ATL Terminal E, this is a big improvement. Carrots and hummus make for a nice snack.

I thought the better food at JFK was to apologize for being stuck in that dingy terminal.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:28 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Actually, you're wrong on that point. We won't respond to everything, but we will respond by listening to your dialog with each other. If there are items that we can comment on during the course of the dialog, we will.

SkyMilesInsider

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.