Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta mileage requirement has gone way up!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta mileage requirement has gone way up!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:31 am

Thanks! I am certainly concerned that this appears to be a major problem for everyone. If anyone finds out more, please let us all know! It would be great to have one central thread on this issue also if anyone has ideas on that.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM
You mean you waited several months and others might have redeemed tickets in the meantime, reducing the available inventory.. hmm.. sounds just like the low fare buckets on revenue tickets, eh?

If you see a ticket for sale at a price you're willing to pay ($$$ or miles), buy it. It may not be there tomorrow (or even in 10 minutes.)

Last edited by CurlyKrakow; Jan 14, 2010 at 4:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
General Trend Upward

I have seen a significant drop in low & mid tier rates for flights in general. I use miles each year for JAX-ATL-HNL in August and this is the first year where 75,000 mile FC seats are not available. Mostly 105,000 - 135,000 mile itineraries. I don't think there has been an adjustment upward, BUT the availability seems to be lower for the low tier levels.

I guess it is just adding to the thrill of the hunt for the low tiers! Hopefully, Delta is just holding the low tiers longer...
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by generaltao
Any tips for how to get that to work when you have children?
Just book separate tickets also for your kids. As long as you are going to be on the same flight as your kids you won't have a problem. I've done this several times where my kids were on award tickets and I and my SO on regular paid tickets, and we never had problems.

If you want piece of mind you can always call DL Reservations and have the reservation records combined, so that not one person of your group gets involuntary bumped or rerouted, but DL will never ever bump one person of a family group if children are involved, even when they are on separate reservations.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jacobio
Call Delta Skymiles, they're actually really quite good at finding low availability. I recently booked award J travel to DUB over the phone--the calendar online was only showing mid/high.

As always, YMMV, but I'd definitely give Delta a call, the SM reps I've talked to have been extremely helpful in the past.
Now isn't this sad. The website is so useful we have to call if we want to book tickets. What's the point of a website then?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
I am just glad I blew a lot of miles on NWA.com before the "new" Delta issues. DL.com for skypiles tickets is a JOKE!!!
Good luck finding any LOW ones!! Yep call the rep and pay for that too.. lol
Sad days ahead!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Delta drops flights and mints miles like the Zimbabwean treasury used to mint money. No big surprise that seat prices in miles are in hyperinflation. Like the price of bread in Zimbabwe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.