Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to all the codeshares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
What happened to all the codeshares?

I used to fly DL code shares operated by Czech Airlines to SOF and BTS in conjunction with TATL flights from ATL to PRG. It seems that there are no longer any codeshares with Czech Airlines anymore. The OK flights still exist, they are just no longer codeshares. And it first glance, it looks like the same thing is happening with DL codeshares operated by AF. I wonder what is going on here, besides driving the cost of my ticket up and making it impossible for me to book a ticket online through DL.com.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I still see DL codeshares on AF, including on CDG-SOF. FWIW, I've also seen a huge proliferation in the KL codeshares, with KL numbers being slapped on a lot of DL-operated TATL routes that bypass AMS. This appears to be a DL/OK thing.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Is there a difference in mileage accrual if you buy the OK tickets, or are the codeshares otherwise relevant?

ETA: When it comes to EU flights I think DL favors CDG. When looking for awards I find it very difficult to get DL.bomb to offer options via AMS, FCO or PRG. DL clearly wants everyone to go AAA-ATL-CDG-BBB or the other way around. (resistance is futile!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.