Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jeet
Most international departures leave from S gates (or atleast did in pre-covid times)
Some departures to Canada and Mexico go from usual gates of airlines like Air Canada using A gates, DL using A & B and AS using C & N gates
Hmm, I really thought a lot of the widebody planes left from the high A gates in the past, but maybe I'm misremembering. Those gates are *so* far apart I don't know what else they would use them for.

Originally Posted by Gig103
Having been to both in the past 30 days, yes the Skyclub has hot food again, but I would check the wait at Centurion first - its food and drink selections are still higher quality. I almost certainly wouldn't take the time to lounge hop if you end up in the Skyclub though.
Well, we went to the Centurion first and it was pretty disappointing. A selection of assorted greasy tan-colored foods (chicken thighs, grits, white beans, hummus) plus a relatively sad-looking salad bar. It was also quite crowded, although we didn't need to wait to get in which was nice. Yes, they pour better alcohol but wasn't worth staying just for that.

Once we headed over to the Sky Club we had far better food options (clam chowder, poached salmon, steak with chimichurri sauce, various wrap sandwiches) and much more space. However, I definitely do not recommend the salmon... Not really their fault but I guess it must be difficult to keep the salmon from becoming hardtack given the food safety requirements. Or maybe they just had the temperature on the keep-warm function set too high.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stopped by last weekend and really enjoyed this location. I much preferred this airy space to the dungeon that was the Centurion lounge a few minutes away. Food options were decent (salmon, ribs, roasted potatoes, caprese sandwich, clam chowder, Asian style soup, salads) though I was confused why they were serving lunch items at 10am. Great bartenders and I really enjoyed both the complimentary and paid cocktail menu and competitive pricing using points. Ordered the current signature Hendricks drink for 250 miles which was pretty good.

It always amazes me how much better SkyClubs are than United lounges which I frequent far more often and rarely have anything edible.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta PM
Does anyone think the showers will be open some time this month? Coming off a camping trip in a few weeks and the shower would be very helpful.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Have gone through SEA twice in 10 days and the Skyclub was well stocked with fresh food, most drinks, etc. I'd say about 95% return to pre-Covid. On a Thursday around 4pm it was jam packed, but still plenty of room to sit. Friday morning was a dead zone until about 6.30am. Still one of the better skyclubs IMO.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Crossinator
Does anyone think the showers will be open some time this month? Coming off a camping trip in a few weeks and the shower would be very helpful.
Doubt it. The showers require a lot of staff to maintain. This is something that lounges will likely try to put off for as long as they possibly can.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like they had Ezra Brooks instead of Old Forester this morning for the house bourbon. Didn't ask if this is permanent.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Seattle Skyclub Showers now open, New Skyclub Terminal A opening??

Tho, reported elsewhere, shower facility within Seattle Skyclub between Terminal A/B has reopened. (I was advised they reopened in March 15?!)

Skyclub A/B has 6 stalls. Stalls 1-4 are standard units, 5 and 6 are much larger. As of 4/18/22, One bath towel (limited Westin Heavenly towels still in stock), and rests are Delta branded towels (one floor mat/towel, one wash cloth, and one midsize towel). All shower stalls have soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers. Shavers, vanity kits, toothbrush with mini toothpaste, and or mouthwash may be available at check-in counter but availability changes often.

(I don't remember which units have handicap shower seats, will update on my next trip).

Even newer Skyclub, further in Terminal A is also expected to open soon. A phased opening of the new International Arrival Facility was expected today on April 19, 2022. Due to limited opening of IAF by Port of Seattle today, unsure whether new SkyClub is inclulded in the soft open.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Apr 19, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi
Tho, reported elsewhere, shower facility within Seattle Skyclub between Terminal A/B has reopened. (I was advised they reopened in March 15?!)

Skyclub A/B has 6 stalls. Stalls 1-4 are standard units, 5 and 6 are much larger. As of 4/18/22, One bath towel (limited Westin Heavenly towels still in stock), and rests are Delta branded towels (one floor mat/towel, one wash cloth, and one midsize towel). All shower stalls have soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers. Shavers, vanity kits, toothbrush with mini toothpaste, and or mouthwash may be available at check-in counter but availability changes often.

(I don't remember which units have handicap shower seats, will update on my next trip).

Even newer Skyclub, further in Terminal A is also expected to open soon. A phased opening of the new International Arrival Facility was expected today on April 19, 2022. Due to limited opening of IAF by Port of Seattle today, unsure whether new SkyClub is inclulded in the soft open.

Jiburi
I didn't even think construction had started on the new Skyclub in A. I don't see it opening 'soon'. I believe it's going to be a completely new addition to the A concourse in-between gates A20/21 and the light rail tracks. I recall reading that it will be one of the largest Skyclubs in the system and will include a Skydeck. I must admit, I'm quite surprised to hear DL is moving forward with plans for a second Skyclub at SEA seeing how their international network has been completely eclipsed by Oneworld and Alaska's international partner airlines.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
I didn't even think construction had started on the new Skyclub in A. I don't see it opening 'soon'. I believe it's going to be a completely new addition to the A concourse in-between gates A20/21 and the light rail tracks. I recall reading that it will be one of the largest Skyclubs in the system and will include a Skydeck. I must admit, I'm quite surprised to hear DL is moving forward with plans for a second Skyclub at SEA seeing how their international network has been completely eclipsed by Oneworld and Alaska's international partner airlines.
TPAC is not very profitable right now, and DL has never taken much interest in operating flights that aren't very profitable. But, presumably, that will recover one day, and so will DL's plans for a TPAC gateway hub at SEA.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
TPAC is not very profitable right now, and DL has never taken much interest in operating flights that aren't very profitable. But, presumably, that will recover one day, and so will DL's plans for a TPAC gateway hub at SEA.
Fair enough. Although pre-pandemic, DL only served 4 TPAC routes from SEA. They're now down to two which, as you mention, is due to the massive decline in travel to the region. Only time will tell if DL will be able to woo enough corporate contracts and high value business customers to make routes like SEA-PVG, ICN, PKX, HND profitable in the long run. They certainly face an uphill battle at SEA against Alaska and its cavalry of partner carriers.

Last edited by FlyHappy33; Apr 19, 2022 at 7:26 pm
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
Fair enough. Although pre-pandemic, DL only served 4 TPAC routes from SEA. They're now down to two which, as you mention, is due to the massive decline in travel to the region. Only time will tell if DL will be able to woo enough corporate contracts and high value business customers to make routes like SEA-PVG, ICN, PEK, HND profitable in the long run. They certainly face an uphill battle at SEA against Alaska and its cavalry of partner carriers.
Very true, SEA has definitely become more competitive than ever. But DL has some tools in its toolbelt also. The IAF directly connected to DL's gates with 2 new impressive skyclubs adjacent will be more competitive than AS. I think the A339 will compete well also, including with business customers. And of course, folks invested in DL/Skyteam will prefer to fly DL over OneWorld.

Don't get me wrong, DL has always struggled with TPAC and I have no clue if they'll succeed. But they might.
FlyHappy33 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Great to see the showers reopened at the SEA club. I have visited 3 times between late March and mid April to see them closed each time.

I’ve found the breakfast offerings at this club much superior to the lunch/dinner offerings lately.
ab2013 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by GagaPilot

I’ve found the breakfast offerings at this club much superior to the lunch/dinner offerings lately.
+1 - was there a few days ago during dinner hours. Entree was teriyaki chicken, tofu stir-fry in peanut sauce, steamed broccoli and shredded carrots, and steamed brown rice. Very basic. Usual cold options too - those haven't changed in the past year at least. Dessert was cookies, brownies and gluten-free rice krispies (I'm personally a big fan of the rice krispy treats because they're gluten-free though).

I thought the lunch/dinner options last summer were far better at this club. It almost feels like they cut the food budget at the Sky Club at SEA.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Wondering if anyone has passed through here recently? Curious if the club is as busy as others in the system appear to be. I’m traveling with extended family of 6 and wondering if it’s worth going.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by jj243
Wondering if anyone has passed through here recently? Curious if the club is as busy as others in the system appear to be. I’m traveling with extended family of 6 and wondering if it’s worth going.
I've been through the club about a dozen times since November and the lounge has never been at capacity nor have I ever seen a line for check-in. Sometimes there can be a line to get food but that has been greatly improved with a second buffet that they have out during busy periods in the back of the club by the stairs and restrooms. The food has always been good (especially the clam chowder, which I get every single visit), the staff are very friendly, and there are good views of the A and B gates. Not sure how you'd be getting your full group in, but there are a few larger tables that could fit your entire group if you're able to do so. Would highly recommend going, especially given how close it is to all of the Delta gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.