Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Color me very impressed with the new SC (this was my first visit to it)

Beyond just the physical space, I think the club may have the friendliest employees I've encountered. The agent checking me in thanked me for being PM, agents (not ones who work with food service) came by and asked if I wanted a refill on my soda, and unlike the newer JFK and ATL clubs, the bathroom has enough stalls in it

'

Plus, the food was excellent. Chicken tikka masala and white rice, Ivar's Clam Chowder and a soda machine. It was a very nice visit.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Color me very impressed with the new SC (this was my first visit to it)

Beyond just the physical space, I think the club may have the friendliest employees I've encountered. The agent checking me in thanked me for being PM, agents (not ones who work with food service) came by and asked if I wanted a refill on my soda, and unlike the newer JFK and ATL clubs, the bathroom has enough stalls in it

'

Plus, the food was excellent. Chicken tikka masala and white rice, Ivar's Clam Chowder and a soda machine. It was a very nice visit.
Did you get a chance to try the ""homemade" rosemary potato chips?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suggest you delete/alter the above pic as I can make out your name and SM number on BP.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Suggest you delete/alter the above pic as I can make out your name and SM number on BP.
and the license plate on his Audi.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Spa massage

If you are considering a massage at the flagship SEA SC, avoid it at all costs. My wife paid $70 for a half hour massage from someone who admitted to not actually being a masseuse, and it showed.

Can't believe they are getting away with that.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
First time in the large SEA-A/B SC and love it. They have a delish tikka masala out which is very popular with guests.

Prob my fave domestic US airline lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Outstanding !!

The SEA SkyClub is just fantastic. It exceeds any other U.S. domestic lounge I've been to. With my travels, I mostly visit lounges outside of North America. There are some elements in this SkyClub that make it as good as or better than some of my experiences in lounges of SQ, CX, QF, NZ, NH, OZ, LX Senator ZRH, AC Signature Suite YYZ, and UA Polaris ORD and SFO, and the *A LAX TBIT First Class. The food and drinks offered in the DL SEA SkyClub exceeded many international lounges I go to and the service was impeccable.

I spoke with the one of managers who happened to be there. While Sodexo may run the Club for DL and staff the food and bar, DL clearly chooses to spend more than many other airlines, many of whom also use Sodexo. You can see it in the service provided by the staff, you can see it in the food and drink selection and in the cleanliness of the lounge.

DL is certainly more innovative than other airlines in some areas (and yes, we all have opinions of who is best/worst domestically) but my flying is almost all international long-haul, so I see how DL stands out.

The idea of using SkyMiles for this is brilliant, IMHO.

Now this trolley service was impressive.

Outstanding dessert service and yes, we tried each one.

On a different day for the next outbound from SEA.....

This was just fantastic.

Awesome.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
@24left

Phenomenal photos of the food, drink, and physical space!
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I've visited a few times. I've never seen it that empty!

On the other hand, I've always been able to get a seat, a drink, and the food is always well stocked, even when very busy.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by 24left
Outstanding !!

The SEA SkyClub is just fantastic. It exceeds any other U.S. domestic lounge I've been to. With my travels, I mostly visit lounges outside of North America. There are some elements in this SkyClub that make it as good as or better than some of my experiences in lounges of SQ, CX, QF, NZ, NH, OZ, LX Senator ZRH, AC Signature Suite YYZ, and UA Polaris ORD and SFO, and the *A LAX TBIT First Class. The food and drinks offered in the DL SEA SkyClub exceeded many international lounges I go to and the service was impeccable.

I spoke with the one of managers who happened to be there. While Sodexo may run the Club for DL and staff the food and bar, DL clearly chooses to spend more than many other airlines, many of whom also use Sodexo. You can see it in the service provided by the staff, you can see it in the food and drink selection and in the cleanliness of the lounge.

DL is certainly more innovative than other airlines in some areas (and yes, we all have opinions of who is best/worst domestically) but my flying is almost all international long-haul, so I see how DL stands out.

The idea of using SkyMiles for this is brilliant, IMHO.

Now this trolley service was impressive.

Outstanding dessert service and yes, we tried each one.

On a different day for the next outbound from SEA.....

This was just fantastic

Awesome.
What I really like is the presentation, makes it so appealing with the desserts neatly laid out and glasses and bottles on the trolleys... that's a great lounge crew!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
What I really like is the presentation, makes it so appealing with the desserts neatly laid out and glasses and bottles on the trolleys... that's a great lounge crew!
and the cost to do it is minimal!! dl really focuses on the small details that make a big difference
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:08 pm

Even without the cart in pictures above... wait staff will see an empty glass and come over to check on you to see if you need another one of whatever it was.
Now that's service! Haven't seen this in any other lounge. At-least, not in the great US of A
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Anyone know what time the Breakfast/Lunch switchover of food is?

Ant wait times normally for showers mid morning? Thank You
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OPENROAD

Ant wait times normally for showers mid morning? Thank You
The "A1" Club has lots of showers, used it last month mid-morning with no wait. By 9am, sandwiches were coming out, as well as the breakfast items still there.
The "S9" Club has only 1 shower per gender (tucked inside bathroom), usually not a wait but it's hit or miss. I believe lunch officially starts by 10am, but haven't used it mid-morning in a long time.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Official changeover in the A Skyclub starts at 10:45 and takes around 15 minutes to get everything laid out, but you can usually get some lunch stuff right away. The remaining breakfast stuff is usually moved to a cart off to the side so you can get to the breakfast items during the changeover.
OPENROAD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.